Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are results pre-determined before a ball is kicked?

Apprentice
    lol its fixed mods....if only i can copy paste the match comment in here you will something really REAL. i will screenshot it after the maintenance.

I think the only way to prove that the games are NOT pre-determined is by getting a substitute player that substitutes an injured player and scores a goal or makes an assist, reason being would be the match engine would not be able to determine that would happen before kick-off because its a result of your manager interaction during mid-game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

A couple of days ago, my player came in on auto sub for injured player and got a goal.

While my view is that sometimes games are pre determined no matter your effort I.e making sub, changing mentality et al. There are too many variables in this game that turns logic on its head. These are well documented. I have got caught out. Few times in almost 4 seasons , sure I get angry and bit my lips but never complain about the engine...this is just a game. Somethings are just not logical especially a few of the commentary sequence, that said I know that 90% of the time the best team will always win and these my friends is the fair reflection of the game.

Most times you win with a better team and a few times you loose. Lets enjoy the imperfection of the game...otherwise I becomes to predictable and loose the appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Benlee4u View Post
    A couple of days ago, my player came in on auto sub for injured player and got a goal.

While my view is that sometimes games are pre determined no matter your effort I.e making sub, changing mentality et al. There are too many variables in this game that turns logic on its head. These are well documented. I have got caught out. Few times in almost 4 seasons , sure I get angry and bit my lips but never complain about the engine...this is just a game. Somethings are just not logical especially a few of the commentary sequence, that said I know that 90% of the time the best team will always win and these my friends is the fair reflection of the game.

Most times you win with a better team and a few times you loose. Lets enjoy the imperfection of the game...otherwise I becomes to predictable and loose the appeal
    The unpredictable game engine of Top Eleven is what makes Top Eleven what it is, Even if results are pre-determined or not, then the game engine and what is happening in games certainly keeps us all playing, If we all knew our next game was going to be a win, draw or loss, then we wouldn't be playing this game.

as for the auto-sub coming in and scoring, that doesn't coun't for pre-determination because the game engine knows that you have got auto-subs enabled.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I think the only way to prove that the games are NOT pre-determined is by getting a substitute player that substitutes an injured player and scores a goal or makes an assist, reason being would be the match engine would not be able to determine that would happen before kick-off because its a result of your manager interaction during mid-game.
    i think this is not a good way to prove if the game is pre-determined. any change we make during game time can alter the game results. substitution, change in formation/orders, managers/friends joining match, etc. making illegal position during the game can make a better team 'pre-determined' to win to suddenly lose to a worse team. i'm not really sure if there is a way to prove this aside from what accyrover has mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    No, results aren't per-determined.
    lol I just watched the last game of the day in my league. result was updated when I left the game on 80 minutes, returned to the game 85 minutes on the clock and still kicking the ball or should I say legs as a booking and injury flashed up on the comments.
    Someone's telling you porkies or there is a serious lag on live games.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    lol I just watched the last game of the day in my league. result was updated when I left the game on 80 minutes, returned to the game 85 minutes on the clock and still kicking the ball or should I say legs as a booking and injury flashed up on the comments.
    Someone's telling you porkies or there is a serious lag on live games.
    That could be something to do with the reason why it takes 6 mins+ for your subs to enter the game.

Could be but in all honesty I think not.
    IMO it take so long because the game engine runs at approx 1/12 of a 90 minute real time game, average sub for an injury probably takes around 30 seconds to get ready + additional time for the game to stop as we don't have extra time this is discounted. 1/12 of 6 minutes is .......
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    yeap, i don't think so. i think every minor change we've made in the game contributes to the final result. i would think that the game engine acts like a "real time" simulator based on probability. this probability is based on the squad quality, formation, and possession (percentage of attendance, your and friend's attendance). i would say that the three minutes is the time required by the engine to gather data (check your team's condition, morale, illegal formation) and throw you the "initial condition" of player performance. i notice that with the very same squad you can get different efficiency. one time you might have 10 shots and 9 shots on target but another time you might have 10 shots but only 1 on target. or maybe sometimes your usual key player suddenly plays like crap and never create chances. or maybe you've already experienced how your opponent's defenders that have poor rating and form can always block your crossings, passing, shooting, or dribbling? and sometimes your opponent's goalkeeper can make 5 super saves in the game? i think this form is given at the first minute by the engine but we can change the way the game leads us if we make necessary and important changes throughout the game
    My logic tends to align with this explanation, lets cross fingers it goes this way!
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Santos Lima comes in and scores.I made the substitution.
    Are results pre-determined before a ball is kicked?-wynik2.jpg

Marcin Skucha-Vrihedd United
    League Winner-6 times
    Champions League Winner-3 times
    Cup Winner-6 times
    Season 10,level 10.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast