Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is CUP competition worth playing???

I HATE THE CUP!

It's the only reason I still play T11.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Yeah, I know! ;-)

Let me clarify:
    I'm not a token buyer .. never have been. Yet, winning the league is trivially easy.
    Champion's league is more challenging because one bad day (Nordeus troll result) can end your season, but still, I won 3 CLs in a row and usually make the quarterfinals at least. (Four firsts, two seconds, in nine tries.)

Cup is a nightmare. I've NEVER played in a cup less than three levels higher than my team. I've only had three seasons where I actually had ANY chance of winning the cup - ended up with two third place finishes, and last season, I got trolled in the quarterfinals.

I WILL win the cup ....even if I have to reverse the tactics used against me and go into a new season with just 1 star players after I save up 500 tokens ... which is just BUYING a win, so it would be particularly unsatisfying :-(
    Anyway .. I WILL win the cup .. and then i will quit Top eleven.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Myers View Post
    This.

What's more, I find (on my level atleast) that more money can be gained in the later rounds of the Cup than in the later rounds of the Champions League. I think that's odd but still, worth playing to win every game IMO.
    I find the opposite to be true.

level 14 cup vs level 14 champions league
    QF---5.32M----10.6M
    SF---6.92M----13.8M
    F----9.00M-----18.0M
    win--2.7M------5.4M

I lose money when I win early round away cup games since I use a win bonus (and it is the lowest one too.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game

It's hard to complete against 2-3 lvl higher opponents. I won Cup once and was 3rd last season. This season my first opponent had so much better players starting and some very low lvl players on the bench and reserves. Two draws and I was out. Better luck and more winning bonus next season, I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12