Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is CUP competition worth playing???

Is CUP competition worth playing???

In round 1 I've soundly beaten a rival from the previos season (he was 2nd, I was 1st in the League).

Last night in round 2, I was beaten 0-1 (me home, he was inactive) by a team which has less than 10 average rating than my team.

Even if I was lucky enough to avoid the 9-star team, the best I can win is 2nd place.

I have CL competition too. I can sell a player or 2 and save some money, if I'm not playing all 3 competitions.

Thoughts? Should I give up the 2nd match? Is CUP competition worth playing???
    Last edited by meis; 01-16-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Well, The Shark Cup is certainly got that 'Best of the server' feel to it for anyone playing at the top of the server and there's a lot of big ties each round as some of the best teams by quality and history go head to head for battling to be the right for to be the "server champion"

But lower than the Shark Cup it's basically a 'Royal Rumble Cup' where it's just a fight all the way against similar quality teams and the object is just to try and survive to stay in the competition as best as you can.

At the end of the day, Your a Football Manager/Chairman of your team on this game, You have to decide what is best for your team and that includes forfeiting tournaments to concentrate elsewhere or to tank a season.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 01-16-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Personally I try and go out and win every game my team plays.I just couldnt throw any match,not in my dna i guess lol.
    NapoliSamper likes this.

My opinion is that you should play the game, i already turned some matches in cup in my favor, even whend i was thinking i couldnt.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Pro
    do the best every match, try to win every match, no matter the quality of your team

thats football

Apprentice
    You will be very boring to play T11 without Cup matches.
    Its a good competition to test all manager, one-match-tactic.
    Fight for every competition make you busy at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgji View Post
    You will be very boring to play T11 without Cup matches.
    Its a good competition to test all manager, one-match-tactic.
    Fight for every competition make you busy at least.
    And getting your players to get injuries.......
    Belgji likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Mccormack View Post
    Personally I try and go out and win every game my team plays.I just couldnt throw any match,not in my dna i guess lol.
    This.

What's more, I find (on my level atleast) that more money can be gained in the later rounds of the Cup than in the later rounds of the Champions League. I think that's odd but still, worth playing to win every game IMO.

I agree with the others ! Fight until the end in cup ! Last season, I'd never thought I could be in SF. And in the end, I won it !
    It brought me so much money for this season, allowing me to buy loads of good players.
    Even if you just go in 8th or quarter, it's always a big money. I'm almost out of it and I will feel it next season
    Cat Harrison likes this.

U should go for it... 1-0 defeat is nothing... People have turned the dice after 4-0 degeats And it is not only about winning..... Its about trying ur best to overcome both ur opponents and the Troll Engine
    NapoliSamper likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast