Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Goofies applying Skill Points to only one Attribute

Goofies applying Skill Points to only one Attribute

I'd like to address all the very intelligent "managers" out there (boy, they are many): applying every skill point to only one attribute just makes the player like his or her manager: Goofy.

I often go to the market looking for a nice deal and when I see a cheap player, I already know what it means: a Goofy.

In the minds of these managers, it makes all the sense of the world that a Forward doesn't need any defensive abilities and so the market is full of 50-50-70 goofy players.

These people are often fanatic for football yet unable to understand crap about Football, but I won't go into those details.

They don't realize that Forwards are the FIRST TRENCH of defence and that these have to be able to TACKLE, MARK, POSITION. HEAD, HANDLE like any other player.

I'm not even going into explaining how DL and DR are a fundamental piece in attacking. Surely these people only know how to scream Messi. They don't notice what Daniel Alves does.

It gives me a good laugh reading why a GK needs attacking attributes. So, is the GK a standing dummy who doesn't know how to kick a ball or dribble an opponent? Yeah, sure, there are many GK like that in real life, they get their managers' hearts going all the time.

So please don't ruin players, just apply the Skill Points automatically if all you know about football is MESSI, BARSALONA, MANCHESTA UNAITE, REAL MEDRI...
    Maxtax likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    LOL

I totally see where you are coming from, my peeve is the managers who don't apply to the physical stats.. have you ever known a good player to not be strong and fit? but at least the game prevents more than a 20 point differential.

Since I am stingy with my T on the market, I sometimes buy these types as bench players and fix up their points and they turn into better players.
    Maxtax likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Same as me, sometimes there's still time to mend, other times you can notice it used to be a fast trainer and it's too late.

I never bought one "goofied" fast trainer that was good.

The best way to develop any player is to respect their original characteristics, I believe, or at least never let numbers get too disparaging.

Well, I have had a couple of those players than did turn out better than I expected, oddly, they have been midfielders. With their attack skewed, and I started with adding to phys/ment and they got decent ratings, and scored. But they are pretty much the only exceptions, most of the other "goofies" I've got have taken some time to fix.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    A little bit of difference is good but not over do it...You can increase the attack of striker a little bit more then the physical or defense say like 40 defense, 50 attack, 45 physical...

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    A little bit of difference is good but not over do it...You can increase the attack of striker a little bit more then the physical or defense say like 40 defense, 50 attack, 45 physical...
    It's a bit too much already.

Well actually every Barca fan undrstnds Alves' and Alba's importance at wingbacks. Seems they have got all Skill points applied to speed. Fast as lightening!!!! And they can dribble past opponents, assist and even score. And they leave no stone unturned in defence. When pnr said that Alves doesn't deserve to be in the pro XI, I being a Barca AND Messi fan said that he has all rights to be there.....
    And ya I agree quite much with u. Most gr8 Q players I find on TL are too good in their primary stats and too weak in others. So I need to develop them in othrrs as well.....

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Yes, and depending on how you manage your team, uneven stats *can* be effective.
    That's part of the beauty of the game.

I like attacking defencemen too. (go figure)
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3.0 : 5.0 points at most are a good difference between the Att & Def .
    0.0 : 3.0 points at most are a good difference between the Phys & Att-Def .

I just respect the original levels or keep the attributes very close. Being a DC already means he is very good defending

But then again this is all... Belief.

I've been looking for good AML and AMRs, I only find ducks. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast