Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Qambu Yaasi
  • 2 Post By Hechojazz

Thread: Questions From Newbie - re: initial startup

Questions From Newbie - re: initial startup

There's a lot of negativity on these boards for this game. I haven't been at it longer than a couple weeks though, so I'm still fired up about it.

Some questions. First, it seems the initial leagues are almost all bot teams. I've been lumped in with only one other real owned team. Am I correct in understanding that the bot teams will not change their formations/starters during the season? So it isn't necessary to monitor any changes they might have made leading up to matches with me? Only make note of the matches coming up against the real human-controlled team?

If the above is correct, am I also correct that the point of the initial leagues is to promote you if you show even a modicum of attention to the team (training, making improvements to personnel, etc?).

Lineup question - what happens if you satisfy the winger requirement by starting a DML and an AMR - in other words, putting a nonsymmetrical lineup out there? I know you can't start more than 4 wingers, but what happens if you don't pair your wingers?

Finally - as I start to develop my stadium, etc what should I focus on first to benefit the team the most?

Thanks for any advice for the fresh meat!
    Last edited by Hechojazz; 01-23-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Bot teams are in auto mode. The tactics do not change but the starting line-up do on occasion when there is injury/suspensions. I would just keep a close eye on bot teams as some may spring a surprise or two. Especially those that play 5 across the back or midfield. They tend to give newbies lots of trouble. In my Level 1 days, the bots were the ones who won the Cup & CL (some).

You should have no problems leveling up if you have a decent set of players and formation, regardless if you login everyday or not or even attend matches.

As for the unsymmetrical lineup, as long as it is not an illegal formation, there should not be a problem. If it fits the game logic, then the formation will work for you, if it doesn't then, your opponent will have a field day. You can read about illegal formation in another thread (i assume you have).

As for stadium development, I would not worry too much about building the stadium itself. Through trial and error, I find that building your medical centres and training centres should be your focus. There two give you free medic & health packs every 3-4 days. So once you maxed out the level upgrades, you can start with other constructions, then that is up to you.

Good luck & enjoy the game.

PS try not to buy tokens, just farm them
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    yes.

yes.

They don't have to be symmetrical.

I started with medical for red packs, just keep building really, most of it is useful to upgrade, but don't need to speed it up.

Have fun!

Also I recommend read this: Top Eleven Official Wiki
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Cat and Qambu - I appreciate all the help!
    Cat Harrison and Qambu Yaasi like this.