Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How are results determined?

Banned
    we will never discover the truth about how nge works, but we can guess how definitely isnt working...
    For sure the game does a first simulation of the result in the 3 minutes before the games. Otherwise why isnt possible to change formations or players in those minutes?
    After that simulation a first result comes out. That result definitively isnt the final result. If you start a game with a strong 11 and you change soon to illegal oop you can lose badly even if not always... this is a proof that the game simulates again after few minutes. I dont know how many times the game does that during the match. I can think that the game simulates 3 times, since the simulation before the match begins 3 minutes before KO and the match stands for 9 minutes. So it is possible that the engine simulates 3 times: 3 minutes before match, at 30' and at 60' (Or maybe 4 times at 15',45' and 75')...
    Now, about the commentary... if u sub a player it takes few minutes to be seen in the commentary... but subs dont happen all the times at same minutes. they just happen randomly after the button is clicked... so there are 2 possibilities: 1) the commentary reflects engine. If it is like that the game does a lot of simulations during the match... i dont think it is what happens, since presimulation takes 3 minutes...
    2) the commentary is live and reflect your changes, but doesnt reflect the engine. I mean is separated.... More than possible. But, yes there is a but... sometimes happen that u sub a player and then u take a goal immediately... this lead people to think they made a wrong sub, and, at the same time, lead people to think that engine and commentary arent separated....
    So, we have again 2 options: A) nge and commentary arent separated, B) they are separated. I can only think that if it isnt A(and i dont think it is A, because of point 1)), then it is like this: Commentary and nge are separated. Nge decides some portions of time in which the teams will score... but doesnt decide the exact minutes... that is randomly chosen from commentary simulations.
    Last edited by CarlTaut; 01-26-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    werewolf122 and USARABAT like this.

Couldn't it also simulate a certain set of scenarios, or just do the big crunch(calculations) in these 3 minutes and lload a gameplan with one or a few variables open that could influence the result? Like possession for instance, as thats closely related to you and/or your friends showing up or not and (hopefully not wishfull thinking) by you making the right or wrong subs.

I was pretty sure that I have been able to improve my stats drastically ingame early on when it showed I wasn't doing well. On the other hand, I too had the disconnect at penalty shootout to find out it was already over at reconnect a few secs later where they hadn't even started yet on dc. Like I said, I really hope that at half time for instance, there is a small recalculation based on changes made. I don't know if this is plausible as I'm no game/software engineer, but the recalculation at half time does seem to be an explanation that matches both experiences I/we have had.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

My Humble Take ... is a mix of Precalculated and In-match variations. Firstly, we all notice that the GE freezes changes before the start of the match. This is to pre-determine possible (baseline) results based on players, formations and tactics set. Not sure whether it is just me or anyone else also notices that during Gameplay (about 1 or 2 times in each half) - there is sort of a mini freeze to the game (almost as if there is a routine running to assess any changes made to the baseline). Im assuming that such a routine may do a +/_ to the baseline (although not considering ALL detail elements) - but high level changes to players, formation and corresponding tactics. This yeilds the odd goals / saves etc ... when we make in-match changes

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I am not so sure, really I don't think it's predetermined.

I have felt that some orders changes have had impacts as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post

I was pretty sure that I have been able to improve my stats drastically ingame early on when it showed I wasn't doing well.
    The words in bold still are only... Belief.

We don't know how it would be if we didn't change anything.

How many times teams come back without our intervention?

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    My Humble Take ... is a mix of Precalculated and In-match variations. Firstly, we all notice that the GE freezes changes before the start of the match. This is to pre-determine possible (baseline) results based on players, formations and tactics set. Not sure whether it is just me or anyone else also notices that during Gameplay (about 1 or 2 times in each half) - there is sort of a mini freeze to the game (almost as if there is a routine running to assess any changes made to the baseline). Im assuming that such a routine may do a +/_ to the baseline (although not considering ALL detail elements) - but high level changes to players, formation and corresponding tactics. This yeilds the odd goals / saves etc ... when we make in-match changes
    Yup I do notice a mini freeze in-game. Like my previous post implies, there can be at least one more recalculation i.e simulation performed after the initial one based on what you do in-game.

After each freeze I always expect something major to happen, but I don't really record down if there were any.

And, a bit off topic, but anyone else here realise (last season and the season before) that when someone concedes a corner from a direct result of a corner, it always yields a goal? This season, it rarely results in a goal. So the GE is definitely being tweaked frequently.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

so you just noticed it, youre not cool at all XD
    try searching out for the ever so infamous 'double corner'
    so far out of all my watched matches i had 3 on goonskies and 6 on rags to riches, they all scored against me. now those are just my stats, other peoples may differ but we can agree there are double corners
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    so you just noticed it, youre not cool at all XD
    try searching out for the ever so infamous 'double corner'
    so far out of all my watched matches i had 3 on goonskies and 6 on rags to riches, they all scored against me. now those are just my stats, other peoples may differ but we can agree there are double corners
    One thing's for sure about the "double corner", the second one will always reach the attacker's head! It's about 80% conversion for my team, about 50% for opponents this season. It'll either skim the bar or get plucked out of the air by the keeper.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Just one simulation before you'll do anything is not what I'd expect. If there's few simulations during the game, then it's nice. We'll never know for sure how everything works.

I like playing top eleven and there's cool idea behind it. It's better not take this game too seriously though. Of course Nordeus wants your money, who doesn't?

Its all just random, but if u spend money your team will do good this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CarlTaut View Post
    we will never discover the truth about how nge works, but we can guess how definitely isnt working...
    For sure the game does a first simulation of the result in the 3 minutes before the games. Otherwise why isnt possible to change formations or players in those minutes?
    After that simulation a first result comes out. That result definitively isnt the final result. If you start a game with a strong 11 and you change soon to illegal oop you can lose badly even if not always... this is a proof that the game simulates again after few minutes. I dont know how many times the game does that during the match. I can think that the game simulates 3 times, since the simulation before the match begins 3 minutes before KO and the match stands for 9 minutes. So it is possible that the engine simulates 3 times: 3 minutes before match, at 30' and at 60' (Or maybe 4 times at 15',45' and 75')...
    Now, about the commentary... if u sub a player it takes few minutes to be seen in the commentary... but subs dont happen all the times at same minutes. they just happen randomly after the button is clicked... so there are 2 possibilities: 1) the commentary reflects engine. If it is like that the game does a lot of simulations during the match... i dont think it is what happens, since presimulation takes 3 minutes...
    2) the commentary is live and reflect your changes, but doesnt reflect the engine. I mean is separated.... More than possible. But, yes there is a but... sometimes happen that u sub a player and then u take a goal immediately... this lead people to think they made a wrong sub, and, at the same time, lead people to think that engine and commentary arent separated....
    So, we have again 2 options: A) nge and commentary arent separated, B) they are separated. I can only think that if it isnt A(and i dont think it is A, because of point 1)), then it is like this: Commentary and nge are separated. Nge decides some portions of time in which the teams will score... but doesnt decide the exact minutes... that is randomly chosen from commentary simulations.
    I dunno if u guys have notices or not but when u make a sub, then for about a minute in game, ur possession bar goes in favor of ur opponent. like if the bar was like showing 60% possession, then about a minute before the sub coming in, it closes down to the middle at about 50-50%. I am of cource talking of the commentary bar and not the overall possession bar. and it is usually at this time that u concede that after-sub goal if u do concede it afterall. What can be the possible explaination fot this??? Does the game really get simulated every time u make a sub???
    Last edited by Saransh Vatsa; 01-26-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast