Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DiZZee
  • 1 Post By Dman2pt
  • 1 Post By arjan

Thread: Pros & Cons of a 5/6/7 League Finish

Pros & Cons of a 5/6/7 League Finish

Not sure if the Pros of such a finish outweigh the Cons

a 5/6/7 finish would Get you promoted and give you access to better players (spend Money and Tokens), put you most likely in a tougher league with much better teams and almost guarantee that you don't make the CL two seasons in a row eventually leading to losing a league level, being far minus on Cash and roster full of aging / shiiiite players

but if you just stay below the line (some call it tanking), you lose the league level (happens anyway), dont lose player quality and have a much higher chance of a top 4 finish, making the CL the following season - where you can spend any saved tokens / cash to build a fresh team.

Something off in my understanding / logic?

Pro
    Depends on how you doing for tokens and cash income
    If you are farming, 4 T a day, you can buy and sell free transfer players for cash... And moving up should be ok.
    Levels 5&6 were good for 26 to 30 yr old free transfers and the odd youngster.
    Otherwise stay down, regroup and then move on.

Good luck.
    rdsouza likes this.

It already happened to me.
    My maine Team in season 2 was in a tought league and end in 5th, on season 3 i end 3rd in league and won the cup, so the cup money convered the CL money that i didnt get, since in CL days i only had 1game i played lot of friendlies, Making me win lot of experience for the players and boosters.
    After that i won the league in season 4 and 5.

I tanked one of my other teams in season 3 and 5, because of bad results and low money.
    The advantage is that you can buy good players at the end of the season, saving tokens, since they stay more time in the same level all your players will be stronger, reducing the need of New players for the next seasons, and whend you sell them the diference of money compensaste the CL loss incame. For exemple You buy a player for 3M you train him for 2 seasons in same level, in next level If you sell him and you can gain 0,5M.
    I became 2nd season 4, won season 6, and this season(7) i have the strongest Team in my league, even without Buying any player, i just got one 18 years old fast trainer.
    rdsouza likes this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post

a 5/6/7 finish would Get you promoted and give you access to better players (spend Money and Tokens), put you most likely in a tougher league with much better teams and almost guarantee that you don't make the CL two seasons in a row eventually leading to losing a league level, being far minus on Cash and roster full of aging / shiiiite players

but if you just stay below the line (some call it tanking), you lose the league level (happens anyway), dont lose player quality and have a much higher chance of a top 4 finish, making the CL the following season - where you can spend any saved tokens / cash to build a fresh team.

The one thing bad about tanking is you don't get the promotion bonus which is rather significant amount on lower levels which could be spent on more useful purposes like upgrading the buildings. But saying this it doesn't mean tanking is a bad thing especially if you are about to finish below CL spot. The income generated from the CL games(prize money per game) and home fixtures(tickets) is rather is more than the promotion bonuses for 5th 6th and 7th especially if you make it to higher rounds.
    rdsouza likes this.

LOL ... with the current transfer list im seeing? moving up is a scary thought, if i can only get access to a list of 15 players with only one 4* (who happens to be be on his death bed)

Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Depends on how you doing for tokens and cash income
    If you are farming, 4 T a day, you can buy and sell free transfer players for cash... And moving up should be ok.
    Levels 5&6 were good for 26 to 30 yr old free transfers and the odd youngster.
    Otherwise stay down, regroup and then move on.

Good luck.

Disagree. When you finish 8/9/10, you still won't have enough money to challenge the new players from the lower levels who get promoted and have a stronger squad. You could still finish outside the CL spot.

If you don't waste your tokens thru the season, you can easilly get 35T to start the new season after finishing 5/6/7. You could either 1. Buy smart or 2. Buy investment and get 2-3 good players who can improve your team.

My 2nd team finished 7th in its first season, and in the second season I made sure I tried to get as far as I could in the cup to generate income, sold reserves, bought 3 decent players (DC, MC, ST) and finished 3rd that season.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post

Depend on your preferences. I prefer 2 promotions than a non promotion and a trophie, on the other hand a season of tanking will give to me 1 month of no interest in the game, why to do that?the posibillity of next season's trophie satisfaction doesnt counter that month.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.