Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Goalkeeper brainteaser

Rookie

Goalkeeper brainteaser

I decided to buy a new goalkeeper in auction. The reason was that my previous GK (a 6*) had a rating of max 5 per game.
    Talking about the league only, I conceeded 11 goals in 18 games which is not too bad but it seems that, when you manage to go through my defense, you would probably find my GK either asleep or eating his sandwich as he never saves any shot.

So, the last game was with my new GK (5*, 3 skill points from 6*) and, for the first time this season, I conceeded 3 goals in 1 match (against a team with 10 quality less than mine, but that's not the point of my thread). GK did not make any save either but had a rating of 7 !

So question is: what GK would you keep in your starting 11 (btw I've never seen any of my defenders with a rating under 6) ?

Banned
    The goal keeper with 7 rating...

Famous
    I only have one keeper and play a defender in goals if he gets injured and I don't really notice any difference. Last time my defender got a 7 rating, which is pretty high for a keeper.

I would give the new one some more matches to prove himself....
    And if u want better results from other keepers, buy a high Q one on one stopper who is a bit over 26 years of age. They are the only ones who perform good for me( for me atleast)

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Rookie
    Just played my league match of the day with the new gk (26 yo, no SA unfortunately). No goal conceeded, rating 7 and 1 SAVE
    I had forgotten goalkeepers could even do that. So yeah, the new one is the chosen one.

Thanks to the people who replied.
    Last edited by brunom14; 02-02-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Rookie
    when you GK gets injured your defender makes the saves, but it never seems to make any difference to the match. but if an outfield player gets injured it makes a massive difference if its a defender or midfielder.

Banned
    when are people going to learn that rating mean absolutely NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    when are people going to learn that rating mean absolutely NOTHING!
    It's something I believe so far, rating would affect to increase your player's morale condition.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

-KSoze FC-
    Click !

"Football, bloody hell !"
    -SAF '99-

Quote Originally Posted by Gery Tryenasya View Post
    It's something I believe so far, rating would affect to increase your player's morale condition.
    forgot which post where someone confirmed an 8 is neutral, you dont gain/lose morale. anything under thatll damage morale
    otherwise, yeah rating, like cake, is a lie
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    forgot which post where someone confirmed an 8 is neutral, you dont gain/lose morale. anything under thatll damage morale
    otherwise, yeah rating, like cake, is a lie
    yes its a post by cracicot where he showed that 8 is neutral and you can gain/lose moral, while only with a 9 are you guaranteed a moral gain. anything less is a moral loss, which is just trash. how can you make a game where you win everything and have great numbers but only when you score 9 out of 9 do you not lose moral??? and to get a 9 in the first place.... funny how only one person, maybe two can get a 9 when you trash a team 15-0. win the treble and dont lose a game all season and you still constantly have to apply moral packs???

Gery, now try to tell me that ratings mean something. the fact that almost every game the ratings are from 4-7 with a few 8 if you are lucky. means you always lose morale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast