Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to rebuild a cheap, old and cash strapped team?

Pro

How to rebuild a cheap, old and cash strapped team?

One of my friends has a team if virtually no cash, no young player and no resale value for his level?
    What would be a realistic route of progression without real money injection or hard farming?

Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    One of my friends has a team if virtually no cash, no young player and no resale value for his level?
    What would be a realistic route of progression without real money injection or hard farming?
    Hmmm quite a challenge. Sell the unwanted low Q players to build up cash and avoid money loss in player Wages. Sign the whole season contract of Sponsorship to get some quick cash. Collect tokens for 2-3 days, use them to sign free agents and sell them. Use cash to buy a 3* or 4* young player close to next star. Train him to 1SP from next star and wait for a good neg bid or else put him on market and expect a bidding war....

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Fir Tree, Durham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    you could turn around any team but you might have to tank for a couple of seasons. So if its something your thinking of doing ask yourself could you be arsed tanking 3 times???

Pro
    He has not been promoted for 2 seasons in a row....that I know of.
    All players are low valued compared to league standards at this stage.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Basically Free Agents wold be the best way, have him look for higher value FAs that can be resold or play on the team.
    Buying older players that are good Q, rather that expensive youngsters.
    Concentrate on staying in Cup as long as possible to gain the $$ from that Competition.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pro
    Free agents are 32 33 yrs. no one really bids for them and also tokens cannot really be farmed.
    But an option.

I've been getting those videos you watch three to get a Token... I am so lucky!

But on the 35T League team, no farming... just patience. LOTS of patience.. There are two current guys on that team that were got as FAs seasons ago. The younger FAs are generally released youth from above so they don't show up as often, but they *do* exist.

Also I wouldn't be afraid of buying older guys that have good ratings / attributes even if you know you will only have them a season or two, it is that important to play in Cup to build $ he'll need enough players.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-08-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pro
    Young Free agents go for +3bar at level 7. Maybe 8-10 times a season. Manyyyyyyy bidders. I know, cos that is an additional income steamy for me. Not a secure option ..cannot afford to waste tokens competing against income hunters, like me.

sell your fans, rent your stadium to a demolition derby, hire privateers to pillage opponents?
    it works, goonskies are somehow not flipping belly up

sell your players and hope that emergency replacement thing kicks in, take away win bonus (they dont do anything IMHO), play friendlies
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

It'll be hard for him to make $ otherwise. It'll take some patience for sure.

Yes, take away win bonus. I have it off on my 35t team and haven't noticed much difference (but then they have never got it, so I dunno what sort of hit the morale would take if it gets removed when they did have it)

Totally convoluted sentence that but I hope it makes sense.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-08-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    rdsouza likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast