Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where's the balance?

Where's the balance?

Just faced some level 7 guy and he pulverized me.. He won with 5 - 0 and i'm level 5? Why isnt the cup balanced anyways like champions league?? I understand the idea but come on. thats why i'm only focusing on the cl and the league.

Rookie
    Cup competitions are like this minus the CL of course or so they're like in real life? Giant killing etc

I'm not sure but maybe quality of your team effects who you get? In the last two seasons I was in the cup I've never been drawn against a team of the same level or lower and again this season I've been drawn against a team two leagues higher.

Just a shame I can't bid for one of his players as he has a sweet 19 yo MR/AMR that would be great for my team!

Famous
    I won the cup in season 3 I think it was, but every other season since have been papped out in the first round, never yet drawn a team worse than me in the last 9 seasons.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I haven't gotten any easy Cup draws either, they are equal at first of course, but then they go buy a few guys and it's an Aue vs. Bayern style smackdown. I keep hoping to be the higher level team so I could do that for once.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More balance? It seems to me that team Q pairing is close enough in all 3 competitions.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

All my opponents are what I'ld call, equal strength. Not in managerlvl, but in avg quality. Last season as lvl3 manager I was in cuplvl 6. At the end of that season I sold a lot of my subs, and bought free agents. This dropped my avg quality to just below 30. This season I'm again in cuplvl 6, as planned. My team will be avg 35, with a 1st squad near 40 as the season progresses, definately one of the stronger sides in the roster.

I used to get matched up against teams either above or below me, but for the last 3-4, it's been same level owners with higher rated teams that tanked previous years and had strong starting XI with no bench. They're rated equally to me, but knock me out in the early rounds because of the higher skilled lineups.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yes, that is a good point, I have a full squad of (mostly!) even Q guys, and I do notice the "short" squads get a better draw. I am just unwilling to part with that many players to go for the Cup.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wnb slowmo? View Post
    Just faced some level 7 guy and he pulverized me.. He won with 5 - 0 and i'm level 5? Why isnt the cup balanced anyways like champions league?? I understand the idea but come on. thats why i'm only focusing on the cl and the league.
    Look, if you are playing againast players that are several levels above you, take it as a compliment that Nordeus likes your methods of token spending. it means your team is better than the rest of the teams at your level so they pair you with poorer higher level teams that are equal to your quality.

If you dont like playing teams of higher levels, STOP making your team so much better!!! You do pay for buying/farming tokens
    fugazi likes this.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Just won my cup match 5-1, he had a skill level just a fraction higher than me but was a level higher so you can win.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast