Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Keep Spending or Rot

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Damjan Kmetec View Post
    If you think that buying tokens mean to be succesful you are so wrong. What I think is the form of your team as a hole. I have two teams one 35T and one lets say 1000T per season. You now what my 35T team is more succesful that my 1000T team. With both of my team Im level 5. My 35T team has win 4 legues, 1 treble and last season 2 place in CL. With my 35T team I always managed to came at least to 1/16 in CUP and CL. With my main team I was alwayas lose in 1 round of CUP. This year will be the same and I can do anything about that. With my 1000T team I was managed to win 4 legue and 2 CL. What I think is that NORDEUS get your team some hidden variables that determinate how well will your team perform in different competiton. So your CUP variable, CL variable and LEGUE variable has been very hige lately but now the time came when you will suffer like me some time because your team form is not so height. Why I now that. Let see what happent to my 1000T team. In the beggining I was thinking that the form of players determinate the outcome but not I change every player that got 5 but you now what. Other player that got 7-8 now get 5. And there is one thing the tactisc and that in this game mean a little more then nothing. In season 3 that my 35T team won treble I didnt change nothing in my team I played the same formation the hole season and I was beating the teams that was 5-10 Q better than me. But with my 1000T team I always lose with the team that is not more then 5Q behind me. But one thing I now when the game engine deside that my team will have those variables high I will most probably win some trebles .
    Good analysis my friend. About beating teams of higher quality etc, it really depends on how your teams are paired in their respective Leagues. I am so very sure that your 35T team is in a League that is of a similar quality / spending power as you. Your 1000T is likely to be in a League with similar kind of managers, i.e. money-spending, or wise-spender.

You know, come the end of the day, I feel in this game we are not fighting against our opponents. Our opponent in every match is actually Nordeus. To consistently win, instead of trying to beat our opposing manager, we should find a way to get one over the Big Brother Nordeus engine. Oh wait, that's not possible...
    CarlTaut and Skidz like this.

Yes its thru that my main team is usualy linked to the teams in league that are better that teams that are linked in my secondary team. But this is probably becouse I usualy add all better teams as my friends becouse I just need to have better active players in my league. One think that I believe as a long year application developer is that all those tactics is worth nothing. In this game count only qualitiy and some hidden variables that is used by NORDEUS engine to put the smaller teams competitive. I think that specail ability is there only for maniak like myself to spend tokens on greens to add ability on some players. Why I think this is becouse if I look at serves side of this aplpication is quite inposible to program application that will do some heavy calculation and simulation for all those teams. This is not that is imposible, but I dont think that NORDEUS have that much of money that can aford severs that will do that. So I think that calculation of the match is just some simple calculation of your quality and proprably some random variables that at the end get troll engine.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Damjan Kmetec View Post
    With my main team I was alwayas lose in 1 round of CUP. This year will be the same and I can do anything about that. .
    If you want a better Cup draw then have three or four (or even more) 1* players in your squad.
    This will bring down the average rating of your whole team and you will be drawn against lower quality teams in the cup, but still have your top quality 17 or 18 players to choose from.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    If you want a better Cup draw then have three or four (or even more) 1* players in your squad.
    This will bring down the average rating of your whole team and you will be drawn against lower quality teams in the cup, but still have your top quality 17 or 18 players to choose from.
    Wow I never new that!, I thought the draw was just random between your league, one higher and one lower.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

It's simple... Buying tokens near enough guarantees you a League win, and significantly increases your chance of winning the CL as these are both seeded by Manager level.

Buying tokens significantly decreases your chance of winning the cup, as you will be seeded by team Quality, therefore if you have a scout team you'll be seeded with teams that are a higher level, and as such, will have access to better players.

From what I've seen, the teams that have the best chance of winning the cup, are the ones filled with low Q 5 star players, ie. quality ending in 1 and 6.

I've bought tokens since day 1, and I won the cup in my first season as I was already seeded against level 1 managers before I bought half a squad of scouts.

I didn't win it again until season 11, where due to financial difficulties I couldn't buy tokens, my average quality dropped to a high 4 star, and lone and behold, I won the cup.

I'm happy with having plenty of pretty red stars in my team, and resigned to the fact my chances of winning the cup vs. teams 3/4 levels higher is <5%.

Doesn't help that the majority of players on my server are Indonesian/Vietnamese etc. where tokens have proven to be cheaper, and the majority of 'rich' token buyers lie, part of the reason I hardly ever use the regular transfer list anymore.

Yes its thru that you have manager from higher level. But in my case when I power train my players in first few days my TOP11 team was always 2-3 Q better then opponets one. But still I always lose. OK its cool lets somebody else win something. But I will have better filling if I lose leguage sometimes, sometimes CL and sometimes CUP. Not always CUP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I dont think this is proven. there are people who have pointed out that its your top 14 players averaged, so having a few 1* players means nothing.

Its thru. Last season I buy some 3* players to low down my average quality. But NORDEUS calculate only 11-14 players I think.

Ok my say !!!!! I have never spent a penny on this game ( not by choice!!!! I dont have any money ) but still enjoy it it's hard !! dont win all the time but trust me it is great when you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the fun is winning or drawing ( or giving a good game ) to token buyers wish my friend Craticot was here he would tell you all !!!!!!!!

My team will begin to start to rot soon, It's costing an average of 2000T a season to give ourselves a chance of winning the treble each season and maintain an 8* team and I've developed many of my current squad members to 9* at one stage, I'm at the top of the server and nearly everyone is active and buys tokens too and more often than not the best team is the winner.

On a reduced budget of tokens I'd expect my team to struggle to compete with the best teams soon, but that is not a problem since I'm moving towards a semi-active status.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast