Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Keep Spending or Rot

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    I dont think this is proven. there are people who have pointed out that its your top 14 players averaged, so having a few 1* players means nothing.
    I played a guy in the cup in season 5 or 6 and my average quality was 2 above his, although he was 2 levels above me.
    Checked his team and he had 13 players 7* and above and 9 3* (1* to him) players.
    He beat me easily and went onto win the cup that season as all the other teams were around the same average level.
    Someone also posted something similar a week or so back with screenshots of a team half scout and above and half one * with a nice low average quality.

If you have 500-600T per season this is quit simple. At the end of the season you sell oll players and by 3* ducks. At the morning of new season you go to scoute list by 10 scoutes and the go to auction list by some desent 5* players and you have around 10-15 Q advantage over your opponents in CUP.

LOL at this thread.

The game would be rubbish if teams always beat teams they are better than, shock results make it more unpredictable and realistic. Man Utd 2-2 Fulham and West Brom 1-1 Chelsea from the last week are perfect examples in the real world; sometimes poor teams get results against good teams.

In every management SIM I've ever played users moan about dominating games and not winning, but I bet no one has ever complained when they've won a game that they shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhalt View Post
    LOL at this thread.

The game would be rubbish if teams always beat teams they are better than, shock results make it more unpredictable and realistic. Man Utd 2-2 Fulham and West Brom 1-1 Chelsea from the last week are perfect examples in the real world; sometimes poor teams get results against good teams.

In every management SIM I've ever played users moan about dominating games and not winning, but I bet no one has ever complained when they've won a game that they shouldn't have.
    I complain even when I win games... Is that okay, sir?
    Cat Harrison and CarlTaut like this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

LOL at this thread.

I just waiting the moment when my main team will beat samo better team.

Banned
    LOL at this thread.

LOL at you.

how dare you compare this game to real life. If you had read several decent threads about this game on this forum, you would never had said such folly, knowing that only the game of football itself is represented here, not anything else that has to do with the game.

formations mean nothing
    morale means nothing
    condition means nothing

those are supposedly three big issues that contribute to a team winning. if those mean nothing, then what else in this game means nothing? I would suggest that tactics and instructions also mean nothing as the next stepping point.

This is a poor excuse for a management SIM, because its a joke in terms of a SIM. Its fairly good in terms of management as it gives you the impression that you are actually managing a team, albeit in a mickey mouse fashion instead of FM......where you manage down the minute details.

so please dont compare mickey mouse online games with real life...real life is far more complex and deserves more than this sort of comparison.
    CarlTaut likes this.

Banned
    paulhalt... you know what? i was a bit worry from the lack of people comparing real world football with t11... finally you came to bring back normality ahah :P
    seriously for how long we should hear people that say that t11 simulates the real world?

Rookie
    I stopped buying tokens 2-3 seasons ago. There are a ton of less infuriating ways to burn money than this joyless cash sponge. The problem, for someone like me who has a thing for numbers, is that the numbers in the game don't amount to ****, the only number that matters is how many tokens bought.

Of course, fortunately for the devs, their core target audience are not exactly the classiest dates in the calender, with the sveltest figures in the math class. They care about "football!"and "winning!", numb-burrs be a distraction best left to thawing eskimoes.

The only reason I'm still around is because I'd committed myself to a forum league. which I can't even access at this point because this PoS user un-friendly site won't let me reset my password.

Oh yeah, have a nice day.
    CarlTaut likes this.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Not spent a penny in three seasons so far, Won L1, Won L2 and the cup and 3rd in CL. Currently 2nd in L3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conker King View Post
    I stopped buying tokens 2-3 seasons ago. There are a ton of less infuriating ways to burn money than this joyless cash sponge. The problem, for someone like me who has a thing for numbers, is that the numbers in the game don't amount to ****, the only number that matters is how many tokens bought.

Of course, fortunately for the devs, their core target audience are not exactly the classiest dates in the calender, with the sveltest figures in the math class. They care about "football!"and "winning!", numb-burrs be a distraction best left to thawing eskimoes.

The only reason I'm still around is because I'd committed myself to a forum league. which I can't even access at this point because this PoS user un-friendly site won't let me reset my password.

Oh yeah, have a nice day.
    mate, if it is not more fun to you playing in our league i think you should quit. You arent forced to be with us.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast