Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Formations

Rookie

Crazy Formations

What is the craziest formation more experienced players have used/played against?

I had a funny one yesterday in my cup game. I am Lvl 3 and got drawn against someone lvl4, myself slightly edging team rating 26.1 v 25.3. I then checked his squad and he was playing a 4-2-2-2 formation but in a U-shape!!!

lb,rb,cb,cb then...... lwb, rwb, lm, rm, lam, ram. Had his keeper as a rwb, two st's as defenders etc. I won away 8-1 thankfully......

Anyone experienced something more crazy/potentially lost to something like this?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    It sound like an abandoned team playing a rather odd formation to begin with, usually GK out of position means abandoned, or they are "tanking" a season. They can still be tough if it's good players, but when the GK isn't in gol it's automatic possession advantage.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    It sound like an abandoned team playing a rather odd formation to begin with, usually GK out of position means abandoned, or they are "tanking" a season. They can still be tough if it's good players, but when the GK isn't in gol it's automatic possession advantage.
    Strangely I had 80% posession without it moving off until a friend from last season's cup joined my side.......then my posession dropped?!?!?!?

Thought it was someone purposefully trying to lose or jacked it in and left a silly team until deleted etc.

Ive played againts this DL,DML,ML,AML,DR,DMR,MR,AMR,ST,ST played Narrow Diamond Hard Attacking won 10-0 haha
    Tenby FC

Season 7: Level 7- League 3rd, Champions League 3rd
    Season 6: Level 6- League Runners up, Champions Leagure 3rd
    Season 5: Level 5- League Runners up, Cup 3rd Place
    Season 4: Level 4- League, Champions League Winners
    Season 3: Level 3- League, Champions League Winners
    Season 2: Level 2- League Winners (Undefeated Season)
    Season 1: Level 1- League Winners

It's curious too that some people comes here, saying that some results are not realistic, and when you see his formation... there's no team in the world using it LOL
    realism, full realism in all sides and in all senses

Banned
    How about losing 3-0 to a lower ranked team with this, gk, dr, dc, dl, mc, ml, st. That's right a team of 7 players.
    I made a new thread about it but the moderators probably will block it because I asked about how to sell my team to someone as I want out of this game.

Thats impossible, the engine always put 11 players in the field. Team with players out of contract apered like that, but If you see the game, you Will see that the team Will have 11 players.
    If the other team didnt had 11 players fit to play you would have won 3:0 without playing.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

I already played against 2 active managers in LEAGUE that played GK DR DC DL DMR DMC DML MC MC AMC ST
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Thats impossible, the engine always put 11 players in the field. Team with players out of contract apered like that, but If you see the game, you Will see that the team Will have 11 players.
    If the other team didnt had 11 players fit to play you would have won 3:0 without playing.
    Ok well it's still BS, he has 3 gk, 1 mc and 1dc on his bench and 1 gk and 1 dc in his reserves, what did he field? It's crap. The guy who finished 2nd in my season 2 also had players missing in an awkward formation and never attended a match. His team was the only one I had a draw with all year. He beat 3rd and 4th everytime they played and they attended and had better squads. The game is flawed and punishes active players and helps teams that are abandoned and not even complete squads.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McGiboney View Post
    Ok well it's still BS, he has 3 gk, 1 mc and 1dc on his bench and 1 gk and 1 dc in his reserves, what did he field? It's crap. The guy who finished 2nd in my season 2 also had players missing in an awkward formation and never attended a match. His team was the only one I had a draw with all year. He beat 3rd and 4th everytime they played and they attended and had better squads. The game is flawed and punishes active players and helps teams that are abandoned and not even complete squads.
    If you click on the result of the game and look at his lineup and formation you'll see that 11 players would've participated in the game. I agree though, it is BS.

Your point abou active players being punished is one I couldn't agree more with. It grinds on me tha managers who spend time training players, resting players, fine-tuning tactics and preparing as best they can get sh*t on constantly by the game engine because managers who don't bother watching or who've abandoned teams completely always end up getting results against you!

The possession bonus in my opinion is rubbish too. It should be at the MINIMUM 15% I think. If you take time to actually support your team you should be rewarded not punished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast