Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: To Tank or not to tank this is the question ??

Banned
    I am anxious for the next season to start already!

Last edited by vinniekrak; 02-18-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    Mo Meow Odom likes this.

I just posted in another thread, but it's more appropriate here. So, copied from other thread:

I am considering tanking this season if we're not climbing in the rankings soon. Thats with a team of 5 star avg with 3 scouts, so 1st squad avg is near 6 stars. All while my 3 star avg team is blasting its way through all their competitions (same lvl). If I decide to tank, I will try a completely different approach. I'll focus on getting my avg Q down before next season, selling all high Q players over 25 years old and buying free agents. With that healthy amount of cash I will buy young 4 star fast trainers to supplement my team. Improving a 4 star team after the draw is a lot easier then a 5 star team. Back to this season though, if my most expensive 5 star NG's can barely keep up during the season, I know I'm out of my league and have to drop a few nodges.

Has anyone tried this approach to tanking?
    Mo Meow Odom likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    I just posted in another thread, but it's more appropriate here. So, copied from other thread:

I am considering tanking this season if we're not climbing in the rankings soon. Thats with a team of 5 star avg with 3 scouts, so 1st squad avg is near 6 stars. All while my 3 star avg team is blasting its way through all their competitions (same lvl). If I decide to tank, I will try a completely different approach. I'll focus on getting my avg Q down before next season, selling all high Q players over 25 years old and buying free agents. With that healthy amount of cash I will buy young 4 star fast trainers to supplement my team. Improving a 4 star team after the draw is a lot easier then a 5 star team. Back to this season though, if my most expensive 5 star NG's can barely keep up during the season, I know I'm out of my league and have to drop a few nodges.

Has anyone tried this approach to tanking?
    sounds like you will be spending quite a few tokens...the whole point of tanking is to save tokens and better your players.

Last edited by vinniekrak; 02-18-2014 at 03:37 PM.

moi je continue a dire que il n' y a que l' argent qui compte et que nordeus s arrange pour nous faire acheter des jetons , des packs de morals etc etc ,si tu n ' achète pas des jetons , tu es perdant , c est comme dans la vie et c est le seul moment ou nordeus s approche le plus de la vérité , sans argent tu perds

Banned
    We are playing the game for fun so lets enjoy it...If you tank then for 1 month no fun, no action...
    And as far as I am concerned I will never TANK till I am playing this game or even other game...

How so vinnie? So far the clues as to how Nordeus pairs teams up are pretty abvious. It looks to me that by en large your league opponents will be competing in the same CUP-lvls. Friending may obviously influence this. it is so with my teams anyway. It makes perfect sense too. Keeping it competitive for everyone, while letting the big shots slug it out amongst each other. There are enough users referring to this in the forum.

Following this, it would make sense to downgrade your team, and getting as much cash for it as possible. Go into the draws as low Q as possible and upgrade after to give you the deciding advantage. By getting that easier draw, you won't need players ending with 4 or 9 to strengthen your squad, reducing the amount of T needed.
    Last edited by fugazi; 02-18-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Apprentice
    i tanked last season as i was top of my server and getting no quality 5 star players. It's helped me alot as i have been able to train up a few guys for this season to make me more competitive, not perfect but it's helped. And more players @ 5 star available to me. the main downside is not having any money from losing a season
    no info for you my watchers :P

I will never tank :P

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by davide-acdc View Post
    I will never tank :P
    if your at the very top of the server your on AND not buying tokens , i think you would / will change your opinion on that
    no info for you my watchers :P

Pro
    If you think tanking will give you a better win ratio next season, then go for it...but do not expect that you are guaranteed the league title as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast