Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Someone try to convince me this isn't proof of complete game randomness.

Rookie
    my gut feeling after 6 seasons is that, at a certain period of the season, the game is programmed to keep some "suspense" within the leagues. To take my example, I am currently at first position of my league after easily kicking the teams in the Top 4. So yesterday, the "engine" decided I'd be trolled by the 8th team (at home, only me watching, 10Q less for my opponent, etc...), bringing the top 4 teams to 4 points difference.
    If I were the guy who easily panics and who thinks his life depends on this game, I'd spend money on tokens in order to buy scouts... which I am obviously NOT going to do.

Your experience might be different than mine, but it's been typical for me over the last 3 seasons.
    Celtic and Philip Carr like this.

Apprentice
    I just played a team 2 stars below my level.

He played 3N-3N(DMC)-2(DC)-1(AMC)-1 and I used 3-1-4-2.

So he scored the first goal and instantly switched his formation to this:

----GK----
    DL-DC-DC-DC-DR
    ----DMC-DMC----
    ------MC-MC-----
    --------ST--------

Then I scored 1-1. He then switched to another formation:

DL-DC-DC-DR
    DML-DMC----
    --------DC-MR
    AML-----------
    ------ST------

Somehow he managed to score a second goal and instantly switched to a more defensive formation. I dont remember since I was like "WHAT THE F!@K?!" :P

Fun Game indeed!
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-24-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Manager Level 3 --- League Level 3
    League: 1st, 2nd
    Cup: 2nd
    CL: group, semi-finals

Another day, another troll match. Someone should start a page called "Top Eleven is random" or something along those lines on facebook to dedicate this.

Does it really matter that F MUCH, wide or narrow at the middle there, really?!? Me being second (the dude in the 1st spot is a 9 star team, b2w, so forget it) in the league, getting a point from a team at the last spot, definitely made my day...

Later tonight in CL, my opponent use 4-3w-1-2 and is one of my nightmare formation...
    Last edited by meis; 02-24-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Rookie
    I can tell you what will answer nordeus "support" -> "while strong team in real footbal loose from weaker we will try to be close to real footbal" .Thye missed the fact that strong team can loose time to time from weaker yea true,but in the end of year strong team gets cups,leages,champions leage.I have people in friend list,last 10 season noone from them won cup.Last 2 season each game is surprise so i think that nordeus do new footbal world where if strong team win vs weak its not normal.
    Top t11 lie
    1."if you want amaizing player visit scout"
    2.Quality work.
    3.SA work.
    4.Tactic work.
    The true is all is random..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by meis View Post
    Another day, another troll match. Someone should start a page called "Top Eleven is random" or something along those lines on facebook to dedicate this.

Does it really matter that F MUCH, wide or narrow at the middle there, really?!? Me being second (the dude in the 1st spot is a 9 star team, b2w, so forget it) in the league, getting a point from a team at the last spot, definitely made my day...

Later tonight in CL, my opponent use 4-3w-1-2 and is one of my nightmare formation...
    As i can see you spend some money for this "footbal simulation game".Now question is will you spend anymore if you cant win vs much much weaker team ....
    Top t11 lie
    1."if you want amaizing player visit scout"
    2.Quality work.
    3.SA work.
    4.Tactic work.
    The true is all is random..

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    The fact that it doesn't (get deleted) now is an obvious sign this game has reached its zenith, or apex in users. That usually means it's time to focus on getting as much out of it as possible for the devs. They start to invest less and less effort, as it's already past its prime. They'll be focussing more on new projects as this game ain't likely going to get better then it is now. (for its stakeholders)

I wish I would have found this game sooner, assuming it once was better? Perhaps the veteran managers here can answer that. Has this negativity always been here, or is it sth quite recent? I think the concept is briliant, if tactics and so on would really work. It's a great format to start from.
    Good question, and yes, you're right in the first paragraph.

The game apex was reached last year, from here on it's free fall. I have many friends quitting, acknowledging this is only a money thing.

Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by brunom14 View Post
    my gut feeling after 6 seasons is that, at a certain period of the season, the game is programmed to keep some "suspense" within the leagues. To take my example, I am currently at first position of my league after easily kicking the teams in the Top 4. So yesterday, the "engine" decided I'd be trolled by the 8th team (at home, only me watching, 10Q less for my opponent, etc...), bringing the top 4 teams to 4 points difference.
    If I were the guy who easily panics and who thinks his life depends on this game, I'd spend money on tokens in order to buy scouts... which I am obviously NOT going to do.

Your experience might be different than mine, but it's been typical for me over the last 3 seasons.
    From level 4 or 5 on it becomes like that indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by usunfgames View Post
    I can tell you what will answer nordeus "support" -> "while strong team in real footbal loose from weaker we will try to be close to real footbal" .Thye missed the fact that strong team can loose time to time from weaker yea true,but in the end of year strong team gets cups,leages,champions leage.I have people in friend list,last 10 season noone from them won cup.Last 2 season each game is surprise so i think that nordeus do new footbal world where if strong team win vs weak its not normal.
    Precisely.

Banned
    you are but a few people who speak the truth, but nobody is listening. that is a crying shame.

I'd better buy some beautiful gun skin in CS:GO than buy tokens any more.

Quote Originally Posted by masyaf View Post
    I'd better buy some beautiful gun skin in CS:GO than buy tokens any more.
    Yeah , thats another way to spend some money :P

We should all ask ourselves, why in the name of ... is it necesary for the game to reward us with a posessionbonus in the first place for watching/coaching our own games?

The biggest clue of all is staring us in our faces all along.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast