Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Youth academy is pointless!!

Youth academy is pointless!!

So I am a level 2 manager with a level 5 youth academy. It offers me a 2 star player and a 4 star player (only just 4 stars) and then it wants me to pay 15 tokens to sign these players up. What a complete waste of time!!

P.S.46 league matches so far and 46 wins

Ben

Welcome to T11! You have just embarked on a journey of discovery - a discovery of many more pointless things as you progress through the game :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marfiothe View Post
    So I am a level 2 manager with a level 5 youth academy. It offers me a 2 star player and a 4 star player (only just 4 stars) and then it wants me to pay 15 tokens to sign these players up. What a complete waste of time!!

Ben
    Season 18 : Level 17
    1 Treble, 3 Doubles.
    League: 10 Cups, 4 Shields, 2 Plaques
    Champions: 3 Cups, 3 Shields
    Cup: 2 Cups, 2 Shields

Bring Back the Old Transfer Market (BBtOTM) !!

Banned
    Yes it is useless...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    Welcome to T11! You have just embarked on a journey of discovery - a discovery of many more pointless things as you progress through the game :-)
    Superbly said...
    The biggest of them is TROLLINHO...

Quote Originally Posted by Marfiothe View Post

Ben
    Well done Marflothe hope all goes well for a half century of wins !!!!!!! My top superstar 8 star player started as an academy youth !!! at just 18 it dosn't take long to power train them up if you have the time !!!!!

he will lose a star each season if I do nothing with him but that means next season he will be world class 7 star then the season after scout etc so for 18 or 24 tokens you can have a above scout or scout for at least 3 years !!! HOwever as he loses a star he trains fairly quick again so will be world class at least for 4 years

instead of buying a new scout for 4 -5 years 200- 250 tokens (plus money ) he can be worth it with a bit of work in training !!!!
    Cat Harrison and Davy Gravy like this.

Fir Tree, Durham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I totally agree with you Phil

If the youth player offered costs more than 20 tokens get him invest time and training in him and he'll be in your team for years. I'd rather have a youth team player than save up for a geriatric scout that at best might last 3 years.

It's totally useless. Whats the point of having the youth academy then?. Yesterday i was anxiously waiting for the youth players only to get a 2 star (12) player for free and a 4 star (23) player for 24 tokens. I'll rather use the 24 tokens for bidding wars to buy better players. Do teams like barcelona and ajax with world class youth systems pay heavily for youth players.

Sent from my TECNO P5 using Tapatalk
    #Volcanicheat

I mean, there are 18 yr old players with special abilities available for auction

Sent from my TECNO P5 using Tapatalk
    #Volcanicheat

Early in the game like where you are Volcanic if you looked at the youth players value compared to how much cash you could get for the same amount of tokens you would see that purely from a financial stand point its worth it.

Later in the game when cash isn't that important there are more active players so bidding wars are fierce for high value 18yr old players and any position with a special ability usually goes beyond round 20 anyway and your not guaranteed that they'll train fast anyway. They may be a dud from a much higher lever players youth academy. Whereas if they're home grown you know that they will train fast so you know that they'll be in the team for a long time.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

The only people who are are really against it are those who've never tried it or those who can't be arsed training and developing a player. There's nothing wrong with that good luck to them in the bidding wars or buying scouts.

Each to there own

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast