Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnyBravo
  • 2 Post By joshyt
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By Sxrenity

Thread: preparing for next season

Apprentice

preparing for next season

So, my reals first season is almost over (started like day 25 in L1) and I really enjoy the game so far, although I've got trolled as well. Now I am still a newb and thats why I come here for some help on improving my team.

I have 4.5M$ and 120+ tokens so far.

This is how my team looks like at the moment
    preparing for next season-bildschirmfoto-2014-03-07-um-23.29.10.jpgpreparing for next season-bildschirmfoto-2014-03-07-um-23.30.07.jpg

I have a lot of unspent skillpoints, cause I read on the forms its wise to save and spent them at the beginning of the next season. Is that correct? And If I should sell a player, should I assign the skillpoints before selling?
    preparing for next season-bildschirmfoto-2014-03-07-um-23.29.37.jpg

Also I am thinking about buying 1 or 2 scouts next season. But is it maybe better to look out for those nordegen players instead and save some tokens for the bidding wars on them?

Thanks in advance
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Manager Level 3 --- League Level 3
    League: 1st, 2nd
    Cup: 2nd
    CL: group, semi-finals

Rookie
    Renew contracts before assigning skill points. This means you save money on their wages.

If you are selling players, assign enough skill points to make them 1 skill point away from the next star. Then sell them. You will get more money this way as more people will bid on your player. The buyer doesn't get the skill points but who cares, its not your player anymore!
    Sxrenity and Cat Harrison like this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I would wait awhile before going for Scouts. Just my opinion, but you have a nice team, and could pick up cheaply a couple players off the TL if you are patient, or are willing to spend Tokens. (I tend to avoid the first week of the Season as too expensive.) If you are going to buy Scouts wait until the list refreshes if you don't see what you want, it's a few (three I think.. anyone?) days into the Season.
    JohnnyBravo likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I would wait awhile before going for Scouts. Just my opinion, but you have a nice team, and could pick up cheaply a couple players off the TL if you are patient, or are willing to spend Tokens. (I tend to avoid the first week of the Season as too expensive.) If you are going to buy Scouts wait until the list refreshes if you don't see what you want, it's a few (three I think.. anyone?) days into the Season.
    Day 1, 3, 4 & 9 are the first few refreshes.
    Cat Harrison and JohnnyBravo like this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Famous
    Balanced team. I'd get in another ST and a DC/DR so you'd have cover for almost all positions and also for playing 2 up front if a ST is injured or suspended.
    And wait till after the cup draw in the new season before applying skill points.

Banned
    Have to buy one good MC and DL/DML...