Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skidz
  • 1 Post By Celtic

Thread: Player punching way above his weight?

Player punching way above his weight?

I was bidding on a player (not even a very special player). The bidding kept going on. The price almost doubled. Many tokens drained.

Now all of that I can get somehow. Perhaps I could use some thing pointed out.

The player bidding did not seem to be wealthy at all. Not in team value, not in team quality ans last but not least :
    not in budget.

How is a player able to bid way over theyre budget?
    As it is possible what happens if he wins?

And why is that so?

They only need enough $ to make the INITIAL bid, then they can carry on in the auction and if they win the player, they go into a minus balance.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I think there might be a clause in that somewhere m8!, I was bidding on a player last year and another player bidding after his first bid already had -2.8M so I was thinking that you might be able to give multiple bids i.e if you put a initial bid on say 4 different players and say you win the first which then takes you over your limit because you had placed a bid on the other players BEFORE you bought the first one you can then carry on! with an overdraft. Im sure thats what happened to me!, it is very unfair and I never even won the player!.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

You can do minus? What happens then? Is there a penalty (cannot refuse bids on players?) or something?
    Just trying to figure out how much this makes sense.

You'll have 7 days to get your account positive. If not, after 7 days, the game will automatically sell a player of your squad every day until it's positive again, starting with the most expensive player. And you can not buy the player back, in practice he is erased from the system.

Fair enough.