• 1 Post By dmbrem99
  • 4 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By Qambu Yaasi
  • 5 Post By Sxrenity
  • 1 Post By dmbrem99
  • 3 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Applying Skill Points

Applying Skill Points

I have several players on the verge of getting their next star (either at a x4 or x9 quality ranking).

For each player, I have probably applied 3-5 skill points only to NOT get them to that next star.

What is the trick to get them to that next star? Apply the points to their position strength... i.e. build up a defensive players' defensive skills or spread out the skill points and balance out the defense, offense and physical/mental skills?

Also, what is the best way to improve a GK? Apply skill points to defense and physical/mental or balance them out? I don't see the point of applying skill points to a GK offensive skills.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Haha.. what high school did you go to? (I went to DuBourg)

What you are asking, there are many ways to apply the skill points, and all of them can be successful depending on your team.
    I tend to have high physical stats (I play a press whole pitch usually), with major skill below that and minor below that. Except DC's and STs are less even still, and MCs more even....

Here's some of my guys that get great ratings: Applying Skill Points-12-matt.jpg Applying Skill Points-12-zak.jpg Applying Skill Points-12-peewee.jpg Applying Skill Points-12-ty.jpg

The wiki is a great resource.. here's the attributes page: http://wiki.topeleven.com/Player#Attributes
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 03-19-2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: pics
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Firstly you need to understand this:-

To get the rating up, you need 15 cones. i.e from 40 to 41

To get one star, you need 5*15 = 75 cones i.e from 40 to 45

I assign cones only after obtaining 5 cones for a player so I can monitor the progress. I would know roughly that he would need an additional 5 or 10 to the next rating.

Assigning Cones
    To assign points, the max difference between two skills should not be more than 20 skill pts. e.g. Attacking 26 Defence 46. You will not be able to assign anymore cones to the defence until you get your attack skill higher than 26. This is explained in the T11 wiki.

The rule I use to assign skill points is I assign more to the core attribute e.g. Striker = Attack, then physical & mental I will keep it at -5 of Attack while defence is -10 of attack

For DMCs, it would be Attack is -5 of Defence, Physical & Mental is -10 of Defence.

That's just me...you can look at your best player and see his current distribution of skill points and you can use that as a benchmark.
    Stuptown FC and Sxrenity like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post

What you are asking, there are many ways to apply the skill points, and all of them can be successful depending on your team.
    I tend to have high physical stats (I play a press whole pitch usually), with major skill below that and minor below that. Except DC's and STs are less even still, and MCs more even....

Here's some of my guys that get great ratings: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Matt.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	21254 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Zak.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	21255 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 PeeWee.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	21256 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Ty.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	21257

The wiki is a great resource.. here's the attributes page: Player - Top Eleven Official Wiki
    Looking at your players, I get the image of 11 body builders running around the pitch muscling everyone off the ball haha!
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbrem99 View Post
    I have several players on the verge of getting their next star (either at a x4 or x9 quality ranking).

For each player, I have probably applied 3-5 skill points only to NOT get them to that next star.

What is the trick to get them to that next star? Apply the points to their position strength... i.e. build up a defensive players' defensive skills or spread out the skill points and balance out the defense, offense and physical/mental skills?

Also, what is the best way to improve a GK? Apply skill points to defense and physical/mental or balance them out? I don't see the point of applying skill points to a GK offensive skills.
    If you want to hold on with the skill points then hold your players just 1 skill point to next star so that you can good deals through negotiations...

Increase defense for defensive players, attack for attacking players and for MC, ML, MR increase attack a little bit more then the other 2 attributes...
    For DMC, DML, DMR balance the stats evenly...
    For DL and DR also balance out the stats...but you can increase the defense a little bit...

For the goal keeper increase there defense a lot, then physical and mental and let the attack section rot...
    In the ask the developers the developers have accepted that for goal keepers defense is most important then physical and mental...

Ha... I am not originally from St Louis. I have lived there for the last 14 years, but I am from Springfield, IL (one of the many homes of the Simpsons!). My wife went to Parkway Central. I got a little chuckle seeing that you're a BvB supporter and I am pulling for Bayern

Anyway... thanks to all who replied, but I have a couple of follow-on questions.

1) When I do accumulate a skill point, does auto assigning the point(s) have any benefit? I guess what I am asking is... does "the game" assign points to areas that lack deficiencies or just throw them anywhere randomly?

2) This one is kind off topic, but close enough. This has ??s within a question... so please bear with me.

When is the best time to sell/buy players for the next season... near the end of the current season or the beginning of the next? I ask for two reasons...

1) I have two players who are at x9, but probably won't progress enough for me to keep them for next season. Should I sell them being on the verge of gaining that next star OR achieve the next star and THEN try to sell them? Which way will be more attractive to potential bidders?

2) When is the best time to buy a scout?

- If I buy them at the end of the season, they will immediatly lose a star, but they will be cheaper than the next level up. AND... I can get it back rather quickly the next season.

OR

- I can buy them at the beginning of the next season and build them up to the next star over the course of the current season

If I have confused anyone... I can try to elaborate or re-explain. Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have always manually assigned the skill points, though some people like to use the auto, I feel you are better off choosing which areas you want to strengthen.

You have the right idea, if you have a guy at 9 he will be more attractive on the market! When is up to you really, but of course the first few days of the Season it is a Sellers' market! I myself sell (and buy) towards the end of the Season, and those who don't sell go on the first day of the new Season. But it is really a bidding war for anyone at begin of Season, so to buy players then can be really hard.

I can't comment on Scouts... I don't buy them.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1) When I do accumulate a skill point, does auto assigning the point(s) have any benefit? I guess what I am asking is... does "the game" assign points to areas that lack deficiencies or just throw them anywhere randomly?
    I think T11 randomly throws points and at the end of the day you get players with 40-40-40 average...they'll match each skills value I think

2) This one is kind off topic, but close enough. This has ??s within a question... so please bear with me.

When is the best time to sell/buy players for the next season... near the end of the current season or the beginning of the next? I ask for two reasons...

1) I have two players who are at x9, but probably won't progress enough for me to keep them for next season. Should I sell them being on the verge of gaining that next star OR achieve the next star and THEN try to sell them? Which way will be more attractive to potential bidders?

2) When is the best time to buy a scout?

- If I buy them at the end of the season, they will immediatly lose a star, but they will be cheaper than the next level up. AND... I can get it back rather quickly the next season.

OR

- I can buy them at the beginning of the next season and build them up to the next star over the course of the current season
    Best time to buy players, well, for me I like to look out for 5 star players (ending with x8 or x9) in the market 2-3 days before season end...I like to avoid the rush and saves me some tokens. First day of the season, you can have a nibble in the market, sometimes some managers have not gone into the market "to avoid" rush hour traffic, but the rush hour traffic does not materialize sometimes. Hahaha

Anyway, buy them early of the season is fine, maybe by the end of the first week.

1) Having a x9 is much more attractive than a x0 despite the additional star. It's like selling something at $1.99 regardless of the crap you;re selling

2) I've always bought scouts early season. And usually I get those with x8 or x9, so I end up having a World Class during the season. I think buying a x9 at the end of the season in preparation for next season is fine as they will be at scout level next season once you get them to WC this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

I can't comment on Scouts... I don't buy them.
    Any reason why you don't buy SCOUTs? To save the tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    2) I've always bought scouts early season. And usually I get those with x8 or x9, so I end up having a World Class during the season. I think buying a x9 at the end of the season in preparation for next season is fine as they will be at scout level next season once you get them to WC this.
    I assume the price of ALL players, especially the SCOUT players, go up with each level you get promoted to?