Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League

Champions League

Hi all, just wondering how the top 2 are decided in the Champs League placings...is it by goal difference or results of matches between the two teams ? One round of fixtures to go and im sitting top on 10 points and 2nd and 3rd are on 7 points. I'm up against 2nd place team next who have already beaten me and guessing 3rd place team will win easy. Thanks in advance !

Goal Difference.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Thanks for that July Fourth

Just seen one of the groups thats finished in my section and the 2nd & 3rd team both finished equal points. 2nd place went to the team with the inferior gd but had the better head to head ! If thats the case i should be through with my last game in a couple of hours, looks like better head to head finishes higher then.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Just seen one of the groups thats finished in my section and the 2nd & 3rd team both finished equal points. 2nd place went to the team with the inferior gd but had the better head to head ! If thats the case i should be through with my last game in a couple of hours, looks like better head to head finishes higher then.
    It's believed that from this season Nordeus have changed the rules now to Head-2-Head.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

All good in the hood then, just avoid defeat and i top my group, 2nd if i lose. Where can we find the rules etc ?

Hi

Its normal?

Same points but Iam third with 0 goal difference and 2nd has -2 goal difference !!!Champions League-champions.png

Thks

Well after all that i'm out !! If i worked it out properly in advance of my last match i would have played defensive tactics but already thought i had qualified over the top team with head to head matches in my favour, didn't take other matches into consideration. Heres the table and results :

W D L gf ga Pts
    Valentin FC 3 1 2 10 9 10
    guerreiros FC 3 1 2 9 8 10
    Celtic FC 3 1 2 11 7 10
    Lien FC 1 1 4 6 12 4

M 1 Lien 0 Celtic 2
    guerrieros 0 valentin 2
    M 2 valentin 0 lien 3 (match not played, defeated club didnt have 11 eligble players ) !
    Celtic 1 guerrieros 2
    M 3 Lien 0 guerrieros 2
    Celtic 2 valentin 1
    M 4 guerrieros 2 Lien 2
    valentin 2 Celtic 2
    M 5 Celtic 3 Lien 0
    valentin 2 guerrieros 1
    M 6 Lien 1 valentin 3
    guerrieros 2 Celtic 1

Obviously out on head to head 3 ways, took me a while to work it out ! Might be handy for the future guys !

H2H, at least this season

Champions League-image.jpg

But to come 3rd with the best goal difference is hard to take esp when i thought i was already through !. At least in the league i'm 11 wins from 11. Good luck in the cup Cholo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast