Page 24 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1429
Like Tree934Likes

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index

  1. #231
    Apprentice Anna Martyniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    159
    About stronger teams losing to weaker ones, I noticed it almost 3 seasons ago.
    I am a proud manager of a low quality team, and for the two previous seasons I was beating stronger teams like crazy.
    The difference in qualities varied (about 5 or more points), but still I was always weaker, and used not sophisticated tactics.
    I still can't find an explanation to this.
    This season I've improved my team quality and the results finally started to vary (some losses, some wins, all within reason).
    But I keep observing the results in the Cup and it's an unwritten rule that the underdog teams have some secret advantage over stronger ones. This is true regardless if the manager is present during the game or not (on my level people are generally present).
    I'm playing in the cup finals tomorrow and my opponent has a slightly stronger team. I'm wondering if maybe this time the result will be more realistic, or will the underdog luck will lead me to another victory.
    I'm not complaining, it's nice to be the winning team, but I feel that the game is not fair.

  2. #232
    VIP t11_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,435
    What is purpose of this forum then? Asking questions and waiting for miracle called "answer"? Where is the point?
    I've posted my facebook adress if some wants to add me because I think this forum won't last long, I've already started chatting with some players on facebook...

  3. #233
    Moderator dave1311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northallerton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Martyniec View Post
    About stronger teams losing to weaker ones, I noticed it almost 3 seasons ago.
    I am a proud manager of a low quality team, and for the two previous seasons I was beating stronger teams like crazy.
    The difference in qualities varied (about 5 or more points), but still I was always weaker, and used not sophisticated tactics.
    I still can't find an explanation to this.
    This season I've improved my team quality and the results finally started to vary (some losses, some wins, all within reason).
    But I keep observing the results in the Cup and it's an unwritten rule that the underdog teams have some secret advantage over stronger ones. This is true regardless if the manager is present during the game or not (on my level people are generally present).
    I'm playing in the cup finals tomorrow and my opponent has a slightly stronger team. I'm wondering if maybe this time the result will be more realistic, or will the underdog luck will lead me to another victory.
    I'm not complaining, it's nice to be the winning team, but I feel that the game is not fair.
    Mostly it is easier to accept the odd defeat against an ACTIVE albeit weaker team as does happen in reality. Losing against a team that is inactive or where the Manager never watches is harder to take. Turning up to watch your game should have more benefit.
    I've said many times that the variables are all wrong.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 118
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

    1 Super Cup

    Top Eleven Forum Moderator

  4. #234
    VIP t11_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    Mostly it is easier to accept the odd defeat against an ACTIVE albeit weaker team as does happen in reality. Losing against a team that is inactive or where the Manager never watches is harder to take. Turning up to watch your game should have more benefit.
    I've said many times that the variables are all wrong.
    It is not only about wins and defeats. When we create hundreds of threads about problems, offer help and suggestions, reveal bad things that could be improved and no one approves that, then why are we doing that?
    That is why the last active members of this forum are angry, we are trying to keep this forum and game alive, improve it as far as possible but no support is showed by them who can change things.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lucknow, INDIA
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    It is not only about wins and defeats. When we create hundreds of threads about problems, offer help and suggestions, reveal bad things that could be improved and no one approves that, then why are we doing that?
    That is why the last active members of this forum are angry, we are trying to keep this forum and game alive, improve it as far as possible but no support is showed by them who can change things.
    The best example of this is the PISS POOR commentary which is still going strong...And the dash that occurs in the commentary when some one is about to take the Free Kick...

    When we highlighted that Pontifex said that I have double checked it myself and the dash should not come now but after this the dash is still there...And till now nothing has been done to rectify it...LoL...

  6. #236
    VIP spornybol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    EASTBOURNE
    Posts
    4,520
    I wrote on T11 facebook page about why don`t Admins reply too question`s Especially in the Bugs and Technical forum as mods can`t answer all the queries and was Gob Smacked i got reply Quote; thankyou for pointing out we try not get involved with forum as this is for player`s of the game but we will look into being more active, well this was two months ago and still NOTHING
    15 Titles
    10 Runner-up
    5 Champions league
    2 Runner-up
    4 Cups
    2 Runner-up
    1 Treble

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lucknow, INDIA
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by spornybol View Post
    I wrote on T11 facebook page about why don`t Admins reply too question`s Especially in the Bugs and Technical forum as mods can`t answer all the queries and was Gob Smacked i got reply Quote; thankyou for pointing out we try not get involved with forum as this is for player`s of the game but we will look into being more active, well this was two months ago and still NOTHING
    Your are lying...So mean to say you got a reply form Nordeus FB page......

  8. #238
    VIP t11_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Your are lying...So mean to say you got a reply form Nordeus FB page......
    It doesn't matter where, support is crappy in global.

  9. #239
    VIP spornybol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    EASTBOURNE
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Your are lying...So mean to say you got a reply form Nordeus FB page......
    finally found it below is there reply ( na- na na )

    Top Eleven - Be a Football Manager Hey Martin - we had originally set up the forum as a means for you guys as a community to talk to each other without our direct involvement. Having said that we do take on your feedback and we will definitely look into being a bigger part of the forum.

    edit; and SID you hit the like button on what i said on T11 facebook page
    15 Titles
    10 Runner-up
    5 Champions league
    2 Runner-up
    4 Cups
    2 Runner-up
    1 Treble

  10. #240
    VIP t11_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,435
    Ok, calm down guys, there are other members, why should then moderator answer on question?
    There is a lot of token buyers, why should nordeus change game that provides them good income?