Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Average Player Ratings = Misleading

Average Player Ratings = Misleading

I've seen many posts on here by managers complaining about how they lost to teams with lower ratings than themselves, but I think the "Overview" average player ratings can be misleading.

Today I have qualified for the Cup Final against one of my T11 friend's. I am level 7 and he is level 8. Now on the comparison page, the ratings given for our 2 teams are: Me..52.0, Him..49.3, so on that reading, I might have the slight edge. However, the average is taken on ALL the players in a squad, and my back-up players are stronger than his. I have calculated the player averages of just the probale starting 11's of our 2 clubs, and it produces a different outcome, (Me..54.82, Him..55.82). So it shows that his first team is better than mine, but overall, my SQUAD is the better.

So when people start saying, "Why did I lose", they should take into account that teams are not always what they seem on the comparison page.
    Roquref likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    I've seen many posts on here by managers complaining about how they lost to teams with lower ratings than themselves, but I think the "Overview" average player ratings can be misleading.

Today I have qualified for the Cup Final against one of my T11 friend's. I am level 7 and he is level 8. Now on the comparison page, the ratings given for our 2 teams are: Me..52.0, Him..49.3, so on that reading, I might have the slight edge. However, the average is taken on ALL the players in a squad, and my back-up players are stronger than his. I have calculated the player averages of just the probale starting 11's of our 2 clubs, and it produces a different outcome, (Me..54.82, Him..55.82). So it shows that his first team is better than mine, but overall, my SQUAD is the better.

So when people start saying, "Why did I lose", they should take into account that teams are not always what they seem on the comparison page.
    you got the point there, yeah I also once encountered teams with average ratings lower than me, but when I look at his squad, his first 11 is all scouts! and the subs is only 1* or 2*.

This is my team, Game Rating: 94.9

First XI: 94,98,98,95,98,99,98,99,95,102,103. First XI Rating: 98.0

Most other clubs at Level 14 are rated 80-85.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Yep exactly right, alot also don't take formation into play either..
    www.bogasthoughts.blogspot.com.au

Check out my Top Eleven Review here:

http://www.bogasthoughts.blogspot.co...me-review.html

Manchester United & Adelaide United

Manager - Tony Rogers, Club - Tigerland FC (Season 5)

Also Managing Tigerland II FC, Manager - Bo Gas (Season 2)

Apprentice

Execellent post this is mr raykco !!

KEEP RIGHT ON

Apprentice
    during actual match, you can compare star quality of your team against your opponent. most of people who complain has noticeable difference in star quality of opposing teams. not many would go to the extent of what you are doing, which is averaging the quality points of the first team. just a simple glance will do.

Apprentice
    it is sufficient to say that top eleven gives bum results once in a while. not sure if this happens more often in higher levels. but based on my experience this season, i'm getting bad league results in level 9 against lower opposition (despite using correct formation) than in previous seasons. but i'm still fighting for first place, so it's good enough for me.

I think Those complained lose over slight rating different were completely stupid and non-sense.

Even though your opponent is 10 quality lower than u, there is a chance to win over u. Thats football....

There is nothing to complain about.

If the opponent was using illegal formation with low quality and won over u, theb it makes sense to complain about.

Well said, couldn't have put it better myself... my average is 37.1 but first team is like 39.something

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I always do a sum total of my opponents starting 11 strength & compare it to my starting 11. Gives a much more accurate indication than the average team strengths on the overview page.
    No regrets

------------------------------------

Club: Massie Lodge FC
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 6
    League Runner Up: 2
    Third Place: 3
    Champions League Winner: 3
    Champions League Runner Up: 2
    Cup Winner: 2
    Cup Runner Up: 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast