Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Good players but low ratings...why?

Good players but low ratings...why?

First of all,i am sorry for my poor english.

I am at level 4 at this point,with 32.8 and started at level 1 near the end of the season.
    I play (and played this tactic since the beginning with good results) a 4-2-2-2 (dl-dc-dc-dr/mc-mc/aml-amr/st-st),with atacking mentality,both flanks,pressing all pitch,normal tackling,zonal marking and off-side trap with no red or blue arrows.

level1-league 2º
    level2-league 1º/champions top16/cup winner
    level3-league 2º/champions winner/cup winner
    level4(current)-league 1º/champions 1º group stage/cup out

So,like all managers,i like to "buy" the best players i can afford to give my squad the best chances to win and improve the overall quality.
    Good players but low ratings...why?-top11.jpg
    I bought some new players for this season.One dmc/dc,one dc,one dr and one dl cause this type of tactic needs quick defenders.And they are performing ok,not great,but ok so far.And then,finaly,i reached my goal of adquiring one good and young goalkeeper and a striker..the last two players that i bought (the ones that i highlined in red).But i dont understand why my gk,at the first match in is debut,got ranked 4.I lost 2-1 in that match...and since then he played in 2 more and got ranked 5 in both matches (i was victorious in both matches,one 3-2 and the other 2-0).
    Good players but low ratings...why?-top12.jpg
    Can anyone give me a reason or help me avoyd adquiring players like this one?Or am i doing something wrong?

Finalmente alguém do nosso grande Sporting!!!

Os guarda-redes têm sempre as piores classificações neste jogo. Além de que os jogadores caros não são necessariamente bons, é sabido que existem características escondidas e que só testando os jogadores poderemos saber. Uma vez em nível 7, o meu melhor jogador durante toda a época foi um "velhote" de 34 anos.

Keepers have the worst ratings as a rule of thumb. Expensive players are not necessarily good, it's a known fact they have hidden characteristics and only playing we'll know. Once at level 7, my season best player was a 34 years' "old'ie".
    Last edited by Celtic; 04-18-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Obrigado,Celtic!Estava a ver o video e a pensar...nunca mais tivemos um Andre Cruz,um verdadeiro batedor de livres!Ate o Jefferson em Alvalade perdeu o jeito...8(

I understand that they can´t all be "top-stars" but the other ones i had at least they´re ratings where between 6 and 8...but 4?!That is the lowest performance ever...and the player was expensive enough for at least reach a 6/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul J. Nunes View Post
    Obrigado,Celtic!Estava a ver o video e a pensar...nunca mais tivemos um Andre Cruz,um verdadeiro batedor de livres!Ate o Jefferson em Alvalade perdeu o jeito...8(

I understand that they can´t all be "top-stars" but the other ones i had at least they´re ratings where between 6 and 8...but 4?!That is the lowest performance ever...and the player was expensive enough for at least reach a 6/7.
    Yeah, I had one of those. People have said they may perform better in positions different from their native ones.

Acho que em Portugal neste momento não há ninguém a bater livres com talento. O Jeff marcou um bom livre contra o Paços, mas o Degra defendeu. Não está mal. O Quaresma, por muito parvo que ande, continua a não ser mau. No Benfica não têm ninguém.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul J. Nunes View Post
    [B]

So,like all managers,i like to "buy" the best players i can afford to give my squad the best chances to win and improve the overall quality.
    Or am i doing something wrong?
    You would be wrong to assume that the best players are the highest lvl, or most stars. Best player in one of my team is 3 stars, and he's League topscorer as well. He degrades my 5* AML to a benchplayer. What's even more funny, .is that I bought him at start of this season from a direct opponent in my league. More often then not the League's top scorers/passers/rated aren't the highest lvl players in the competition. Like Celtic said; player programming trumps most anything. It's your job to identify and spot the weak and the strong in your team and act on it. That's why I prefer young fasttrainers as you can trial and error them and sell them without losses if he fails. That's also why I select my attackers purely on goalscoringstats. And keep in mind, with any new season things can change for your team.

edit in: Even though player ratings can be a bit iffy, avg ratings of 4-6 are a reason for concern, I'ld immediately let him go.
    Last edited by fugazi; 04-18-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    You would be wrong to assume that the best players are the highest lvl, or most stars. -------
    edit in: Even though player ratings can be a bit iffy, avg ratings of 4-6 are a reason for concern, I'ld immediately let him go.
    I had one good and young goalkeeper since the beginning of my trip in top11,with only 25 at overall.But i decided to sell him and buy another with higher stats because while we advance seasons and levels,the player was beginning to fail back as he was loosing stars while i advance..and even he was a good fast trainer,i could not develop him fast enought.But at this point i have trully regreted my actions...8(
    And now,to sell this new player,i cant even imagine my losses cause he was extremely expensive (both money and tokens)..at least for me..Can´t i continue insisting on him,maybe he will get better with time?Is it possible?Or the best way is simply sell him and try to get another one as fast as possible?

Mas o Quaresma foi formado na melhor escola do mundo!!Tem de saber jogar á bola!!!hehehehehe!!!

Look at this:

My goalkeeper just gets 5 star ratings and even one 4 star rating in the last league games. But u know what? I dont care 'cause the ratings are stupid sh*t imo. He performs well during the matches and in the 21 games he played so far this season we've just conceded 10 goals.
    fugazi likes this.
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

GK's can be hit and miss and it's the position where ratings don't mean much. Like Marco said, if he's performing well and makes saves I wouldn't worry about his stats too much. Exceptional GK's who become MOM are pretty rare. Like I said before, now I only go for 18 yrs old GK's who train fast. If he's a good one, he'll be good to go for at least 3-4 seasons, if not sell him easily without loss, or even a small profit. I would rather use 50T for a bankloan and try out 1 or 2 of the most expensive fasttrainers or Nordgens I could find then buy a scout.

Some members here have experienced improvement over the season(s), but apart from the occasional short slump, it is my experience that players who consistently get bad ratings (4-6) arent worth keeping unless they score a lot of goals, which won't be the case too often.
    Mr. Marco likes this.

Thank you Mr.Marco and fugazi!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marco View Post
    Look at this:

My goalkeeper just gets 5 star ratings and even one 4 star rating in the last league games. But u know what? I dont care 'cause the ratings are stupid sh*t imo. He performs well during the matches and in the 21 games he played so far this season we've just conceded 10 goals.
    So,i will use him once again so i can check if he has good appearences even tought bad ratings.But i notice your goalkeeper has poor performance in the league but some matches in cup and champions he did ok...i already notice that some of our players in the squad perform better in one competition than in other.For example,i have a 4star amr player that doesn´t make much diference in champions or cups but in the league e is very good,assists and makes goals and his performance overall is very good so in the champions and cups i use another player that has 5stars and usually he playes very well and is decisive in champions and cup...but when i try to use him in the league,the performance is poor...maybe they feel more boosted in one competition than the other!Is it possible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast