Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: what is the rule for ties in the CL group stage?

Banned

what is the rule for ties in the CL group stage?

Does he go ahead of me because of head to head or goals for?

IF not, then I thought Goal Differential was the stat that determines who advances.

can someone please let me know?

Goal difference first - if it's equal then it goes to head to head record.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Banned
    as you can see, I win on GD, and he wins on head to head with 2 Away goals to my one away goal in 2 draws.

but if you say its GD, then I should be in 2nd place to advance. who the hell can I confirm this with and how do I get them to fix this?

Banned
    here is the real info to determine who advances in tie breakers from UEFA:

Tiebreakers
    The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss). If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:[1]

1) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    2) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    3) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    4) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

If, after applying criteria 1 to 4 to several teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 8 apply;
    superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    higher number of goals scored from all group matches played;
    higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

Banned
    I just lodged a complaint with nordeus support...I wonder if this will be a nightmare or will they actually fix this so that justice is done.

Good luck,rastaman70.Hope you can prove your point.

Doesn't 2) Basically say the tie breaker is the goal difference in the two games you and the tied team played with each other?

The list is referring to what happens if two teams are tied on points, so when it talks about 'amongst the teams in question', surely that means you and the team you're tied with?

What were the results of your head to head games?
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Rookie
    If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied to determine the final ranking of the
    two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to g)
    apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored fr om all group matches played;
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Banned
    indeed, I neglected to read the fine print and the results are only from the games between us, which was 2 draws with him having 2 away goals in a 2:2 with my one away goal 1:1, so he advances. !$%@%$^#%$&#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

the game was a serious troll result too, since I lost 0:1 at home to the last place team, my 71Q vs his 66Q, he played a 3-3-3-0-1 formation vs my narrow diamond and i trounced him 0:3 in the first game with the same formations, NOT TO MENTION the red card he got in the 35' to one of his DC, and he did not watch it so he played with 2 DC the rest of the game, so I had 80% possession for the rest of the game.

Talk about getting <redacted> on this one. full condition and morale.

the more I talk about it, the more I want to crash their servers for this stupidity(j/k).

Seriously.

1) a red card at 35'
    2) 2 DC for 55', giving my 4 + 5* STs one on one free reign over his 3 and 4* DC
    3) 80% possession for 55'
    4) 11 corners and 3 free kicks, 13 shots, 6 on target.
    5) manager never watched any games.

sure troll me in a league game, but not on a deciding CL game.

FIX YOUR GAME NORDEUS!!!!!
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 04-18-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    Sxrenity and Brian Dang like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    indeed, I neglected to read the fine print and the results are only from the games between us, which was 2 draws with him having 2 away goals in a 2:2 with my one away goal 1:1, so he advances. !$%@%$^#%$&#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

the game was a serious troll result too, since I lost 0:1 at home to the last place team, my 71Q vs his 66Q, he played a 3-3-3-0-1 formation vs my narrow diamond and i trounced him 0:3 in the first game with the same formations, NOT TO MENTION the red card he got in the 35' to one of his DC, and he did not watch it so he played with 2 DC the rest of the game, so I had 80% possession for the rest of the game.

Talk about getting <redacted> on this one. full condition and morale.

the more I talk about it, the more I want to crash their servers for this stupidity(j/k).

Seriously.

1) a red card at 35'
    2) 2 DC for 55', giving my 4 + 5* STs one on one free reign over his 3 and 4* DC
    3) 80% possession for 55'
    4) 11 corners and 3 free kicks, 13 shots, 6 on target.
    5) manager never watched any games.

sure troll me in a league game, but not on a deciding CL game.

FIX YOUR GAME NORDEUS!!!!!
    So sorry for you..bro...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast