Thread: Order in CL group round

Order in CL group round

Hello!
    I have the following problem!
    My team and another one have the same amount of points in the champions league group stage after all 6 games!
    The other team scored 10 goals and received 9! So that's a goal difference of +1!
    My team scored 8 and received 6! So that should be +2!
    The problem is, that my team is still on the 3rd position on the table!
    Why?

Rookie
    If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied to determine the final ranking of the
    two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to g)
    apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored fr om all group matches played;

Banned
    yeah I just went through this exact same thing with my position is the same as yours.

all the things that determine who advances is only using the 2 games between you.

so the GD for the group means nothing unless you have the same results a-d

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Egger View Post
    Hello!
    I have the following problem!
    My team and another one have the same amount of points in the champions league group stage after all 6 games!
    The other team scored 10 goals and received 9! So that's a goal difference of +1!
    My team scored 8 and received 6! So that should be +2!
    The problem is, that my team is still on the 3rd position on the table!
    Why?
    It follows real Champions league rules 'Head to Head'. I'm amazed by the confusion.