Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Guidance seeking newbie

Guidance seeking newbie

Dear fellows of Top Eleven,
    I joined this game last week. I was happy with my "amazing" team until I started looking at my friends' team. When I saw my level 7 friend's team with 50 average. I was like duymmmmmmmm...and then I saw his form "LLLLLL"

Now, I am wondering how long I will last. Most of my teams are 4 stars, and some 3 stars and two 5 star. Up till now I have won all my games. But doing same next season seems very difficult as I spent the budget of 700k, which I was given to start with. And with that 700k budget, I was only able to increase my team's rating up to 14.

So any kind of guidance with the exception of "Use real money to buy tokens!!" will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by navyben; 04-20-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Celtic likes this.

First of all NEVER buy tokens...
    Increase your ticket prices to the max,but you must have 5% possesion in a match.
    Don't forget to sign money and token sponsorship.
    Always sell the players you dont need on the beginning of the season.
    navyben and Celtic like this.

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Apprentice
    Your friend is a much higher level than you. You will go up a level every season as long as you finish in the top 7 and you'll find that quite easy to start with.
    As for never buying tokens that's up to you but there are plenty of ways to get them for free but you need spare time to farm them from sites like Tapjoy.
    I would aim to have an entire squad of 4 star and above by the end of season 2, but don!'to waste money if you have some older players who are due to retire. There will be plenty of rubbish teams you can play them against.
    Basically it just takes time. You won't face anyone with Q of 50 for several seasons yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    navyben likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    When starting out (really Season 2 on) the best way to get $$ is to buy and sell Free Agents, they will cost next to nothing $ wise, and if you look for higher value/younger ones they can either play in your team or be sold for $.

Try to shop for players in the "off" times of your server. Often it's late at night. But if there are less Managers on it's easier to get player without a bidding war.

Each team is given a couple really good players, don't sell them, TRAIN them as often as you can, give them an green booster and an extra training. (When you train your whole team you can see who gains the most from it concentrate on those players)
    fugazi and navyben like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I assume your Level 2 fella?, so for starters your main aim is to get promoted every season!, if you can make the top 4 great but if not top 7 will do!, try to buy young players as best you can!, if you can not get the 18/19 year olds dont worry look for 20-25 as these you can work with for a few seasons!, you need to check the auction regularly and see if you can find some bargains( free transfers etc), Look for HOT PROSPECTS as these are mostly fast trainers!, dont go for quality players ending in 4 OR 9 as you are likely to get stung in an auction bidding war and unless you have big pockets with plenty of tokens your waist lots of tokens and get nothing to show for it!!!, so look for Q ending in 3 or 8!, if your struggling to get all young players then buy a expierienced player to fill in untill you can replace him. Look at 28/29/30 year olds that will do a job for you1, DONT go for 33Y as they will more than likely retire at the end of the season!.
    Keep your ground updated regular and try to work your way through all the exspansions not just the seating as every extension has a purpose and can help your team overall whether its extra lighting, seating, parking, grass etc they all help to reduce injuries, gain more booster packs, make you some more money. Select a formation you want to play and stick to it!(DO NOT CHANGE ALL THE TIME), try to get a full 22 man squad with TWO teams I.E. TWO PLAYERS OF EVERY POSITION!!!, this help massively when playing 2 or 3 competitions and you have multiple matches on the same day!.
    Build your strongest team and use it for the league only!, play your weaker team in the cups!, WHY DO I SAY THIS YOU ASK?, well its simple.. you get the most profit out of the league so that has to be your main phocus especialy in the lower levels!, take your time building your team up bit by bit, dont worry what anyone else is doing around you! all you need to do is stay firmly focused on your OWN team!, Gradually as you train your players and move up the level you will get a better understanding of how the game plays and you will find the best tactic that suits you!, there are plenty of tips on this forum about formation, tactics, orders, players etc so I suggest you go read some! I did when I first joined, I went and read JULY THE FOURTHS threads and they taught me alot about buying players, what to look for!, how to train, when to buy etc and soon enough I had built up a very good team and was winning a trophy every season!, you too can do this with a little bit of patience, a little reading of experienced players and learning the game as you go!, dont get dis heartend if things dont fly off as you will lose a few as have we all!, there are troll results where you get beat by a team you should hammer, you get multiple injuries, you struggle with tokens , money!, all of these all of us has been there so your not the only one!, the game gets harder as the levels go up but the revenue goes up aswell!, the hardest thing is managing your tokens!, if you are from a country that has videos then watch them to get extra tokens and booster packs!, if your a token buyer then be very careful how you spend them!, dont go rushing in buying all the best players as your tokens will soon run out and you will be buying more! this game is set up to make you spend and once you get addicted then thats it you will find you cant stop!, having money and buying tokens does not guarantee success their are plent yof managers on here who can tell you bad stories!, frustration is paramount on here as this game can make you tear your hair out sometimes lol. I hope come to enjoy the game and at any time you want some help you only have to ask for it! there are plenty of people here who will help if they can.
    Celtic and navyben like this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by navyben View Post
    Dear fellows of Top Eleven,
    I joined this game last week. I was happy with my "amazing" team until I started looking at my friends' team. When I saw my level 7 friend's team with 50 average. I was like duymmmmmmmm...and then I saw his form "LLLLLL"

Now, I am wondering how long I will last. Most of my teams are 4 stars, and some 3 stars and two 5 star. Up till now I have won all my games. But doing same next season seems very difficult as I spent the budget of 700k, which I was given to start with. And with that 700k budget, I was only able to increase my team's rating up to 14.

So any kind of guidance with the exception of "Use real money to buy tokens!!" will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you
    first you will get money to invest for better team don't worry over the upcoming seasons
    and oh hell .. when i finished Season 1 with same budget my team quality was 22.5 .. and i never bought a token and lived with my 35T , the key was to win the cup, financially it helped me alot, and sure some good transfer buys with 1-2T max to 5* & 4* players, sell ur best players too who valued more than 1m
    navyben likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Thank you everyone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    I assume your Level 2 fella?, so for starters your main aim is to get promoted every season!, if you can make the top 4 great but if not top 7 will do!, try to buy young players as best you can!, if you can not get the 18/19 year olds dont worry look for 20-25 as these you can work with for a few seasons!, you need to check the auction regularly and see if you can find some bargains( free transfers etc),[...]
    I haven't read yet but you deserve a like for the long post!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Build your strongest team and use it for the league only!, play your weaker team in the cups!, WHY DO I SAY THIS YOU ASK?, well its simple.. you get the most profit out of the league so that has to be your main phocus especialy in the lower levels!,
    I am a bit puzzled why you'ld write that. The winnings from the League are next to nothing compared to the tournaments, especially so in the lower lvls.

Prize winnings per match are barely enough to cover wages, let alone a winbonus. The difference in winnings between the first 4 spots at the end of season is also next to nothing, you'll earn that (difference) in just 1 cup or CL match. And to end in the top 4 in the first 3-4 lvls is super easy. I'ld say advancing in the tournaments, especially the Cup, is the best thing that can happen in the early lvls.
    Cat Harrison and navyben like this.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    You are kidding right lol, I am referring to prize money for finishing the season!, the prize for winning the league by far out does the CL or Cup, so this has to be your priority.
    navyben likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast