Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squad updates and importance of young players .

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Hi bud, you need to keep building all the facilities available, you can only build so much of each one on each level!, all these upgrsdes help to reduce injuries and gain you extra rest packs!, build the acadamy so you can get two acadamy players every 24/18/12 days depending how far in levels you get!, in each case you get two 18 acadamy players, one very good ( fast trainer ) and one average!, the better player will cost you tokens to get and the second is free!, many people rate using them but I find the token player is to expensive and it is possible to find one on the auction for less.
    Your aim should be to get the youngest team possible, it will take time (a few seasons unless you spend), try to get in the top 7 minimum to go up a level, if you make top 4 thats better as you qualify for the champions league next season, try to not train before matches but only after the last match of the day or only train your player outside your first 11 befor a match!, keep morale and condition to 90% or above for every match!, try to get a full 22 man squad and have two players for every position for cover of injuries or suspensions!, pick a formation and stick to it, only buy players thats suit that position!, try to buy players who play in more than one position.
    I see you have bought players with Q24 which good but be very carefull going for Q4 OR Q9 ending players as these are heavily sorted after and you will end up in many bidding wars which you will lose and have lost a lot of tokens for nothing!!!, look for players that are free or ending in Q3 or Q8!, your players will loose a star when you get promoted to the next level so you will need to save tokens to update your team!, a good way of doing this is to check out the tranfer market on the last few days of the season as this is when alot of people clear out there team and higher level players will be getting rid of the duds! , but these duds to them will be a higher rated player to you on your level so you can ofton get some bargains!, dont try and buy in the first week of an new season as it is far to busy and biddig wars occur frequantly, when buying players look for HOT PROSPECTS, as these are fast trainers and should do well for you.
    Last edited by Skidz; 04-25-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Hi bud, you need to keep building all the facilities available, you can only build so much of each one on each level!, all these upgrsdes help to reduce injuries and gain you extra rest packs!, build the acadamy so you can get two acadamy players every 24/18/12 days depending how far in levels you get!, in each case you get two 18 acadamy players, one very good ( fast trainer ) and one average!, the better player will cost you tokens to get and the second is free!, many people rate using them but I find the token player is to expensive and it is possible to find one on the auction for less.
    Your aim should be to get the youngest team possible, it will take time (a few seasons unless you spend), try to get in the top 7 minimum to go up a level, if you make top 4 thats better as you qualify for the champions league next season, try to not train before matches but only after the last match of the day or only train your player outside your first 11 befor a match!, keep morale and condition to 90% or above for every match!, try to get a full 22 man squad and have two players for every position for cover of injuries or suspensions!, pick a formation and stick to it, only buy players thats suit that position!, try to buy players who play in more than one position.
    I see you have bought players with Q24 which good but be very carefull going for Q4 OR Q9 ending players as these are heavily sorted after and you will end up in many bidding wars which you will lose and have lost a lot of tokens for nothing!!!, look for players that are free or ending in Q3 or Q8!, your players will loose a star when you get promoted to the next level so you will need to save tokens to update your team!, a good way of doing this is to check out the tranfer market on the last few days of the season as this is when alot of people clear out there team and higher level players will be getting rid of the duds! , but these duds to them will be a higher rated player to you on your level so you can ofton get some bargains!, dont try and buy in the first week of an new season as it is far to busy and biddig wars occur frequantly, when buying players look for HOT PROSPECTS, as these are fast trainers and should do well for you.
    Thanks for good advice mate . I ll try to follow them .
    Didn't know that Q ending number also has a meaning.
    I am currently 1st place in a league with bots ) don't know if I can call it a success or not...

Apprentice
    To be honest, your best method is going to depend on how much time/money you have available for the game. It will also depend on your league/server.
    For example, I've been lucky enough to have 12 seasons in a league/CL with 4 of my friends. It makes it more interesting, but also more competitive. Therefore, my tactic for the first 5 seasons was to add 1-2 good young players every season and make the rest of my squad up with older players, as they were much cheaper and easier to win at auction. They stay in your squad for only 2 seasons at the most, however. I also never bought in the first week.
    I stayed in touch with my friends who were buying tokens (I didn't win many trophies, though) and learnt how to play the game properly, which included token farming.
    Now I have the resources and guile to compete with token buyers and have overtaken them, but it took 5-7 seasons of losing a lot and trying lots of different things to find out what worked for me and what didn't.

A friend of mine was on such an easy server, he won the league every year, barely dropping a point, with a team around 10Q less than the 5 of us. However, when he got to level 9, he suddenly came up against good teams/managers and was thoroughly unprepared. He has almost quit already...a classic case of Flowers for Algernon on T11. He got used to winning easily and can't appreciate the fact it's now difficult for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12