View Poll Results: Which way do you think is best to assign skill points?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manually

29 80.56%
  • Auto assign

7 19.44%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dman2pt
  • 2 Post By Qambu Yaasi
  • 1 Post By Christian Christiansen

Thread: Best Way To Assigning Skill Points?

Best Way To Assigning Skill Points?

Is it better to manually assign skill points or auto assign? In other words, if I manually assign I will continuously assign attacking points to strikers and midfielders, and defensive skills to defenders, GKs, and DMCs, so I wonder if it's better to balance the points between all three categories or to concentrate on assigning attacking points for attackers, and defensive points for the defenders, etc.

Rookie
    Don't think there's a completely right way to do it, there'll be people telling you either way is the best way to go. My leading scorer, assist leader and best form-player is Gerailton de Souza Rodrigues, a striker who I bought 2 seasons back. He's at 35 for Defense, 53.2 for Attack and 51 for PHY/MEN skills. Heavily powered in attack and physical/mental and doing wonders.

There'll be examples by others of players doing exceptionally well with more balanced skill-sets.

Auto assigning skill points can result in players being improved on things they don't need. For example: a goalkeeper doesn't need to have higher attack than defense...
    Team: Presheva FC

hi everybody
    i've just signed 'cause i'm reading this forum to get info about this game in last days and i found useful helps

btw this month i'm playing in level 13, i've had a great start winning first 5-6 matches, then started my nightmare -.- i'm actually out of champions league and cup and i'm in position 8

i'm here for ask you if my way of assigning cones could be correct:
    GK: DEFENSE value X, PH/MENTAL value X-3; ATTACK not trained
    DC/DL/DR: DEFENSE value X; PH/MENTAL value X-2; ATTACK not trained
    DMC/DML/DMR/MC/ML/MR/AMC/AML/AMR: ATTACK value X; PH/MENTAL value X-1; DEFENSE value X-2
    ST: ATTACK value X; PH/MENTAL value X-2; DEFENSE not trained

i usually play with normal 3-5-2 formation (3DC - 2 ML/MR - 3MC - 2ST) or 4-3-3 or 4-4-2... very classical formation

i hope it could be undestrandable

If you apply them automaticly they Will be distributed in equal parts, the player Will keep the same diference between the defense, atack and phy and mental.

Nobody knows the correct way to do it, and If Nordeus knows it, they just dont whant to tell us.

Physical and mental is a important part, that should not be forgotten, it must be balanced with the atack If the player play in atacking positions or with defense If the players play in defensive positions.

But this all depends in the way you play.
    For exemple If you play pressing all pitch, If your strikers dont have good defensive skills, they Will not gaine many balls, playing that way they Will only lose condition.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

I use the following as a guide to assign my cones...

GK: Def - X, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X-20
    DC: Def - X, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X-10
    DL/R, DMR/L, DMC: Def - X, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X-2
    MC: Def - X-2, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    ML/R: Def - X-2, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    AML/R/C: MC: Def - X-10, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    ST: Def - X-20, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    I use the following as a guide to assign my cones...

GK: Def - X, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X-20
    DC: Def - X, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X-10
    DL/R, DMR/L, DMC: Def - X, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X-2
    MC: Def - X-2, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    ML/R: Def - X-2, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    AML/R/C: MC: Def - X-10, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    ST: Def - X-20, P&M - X-5, Attacking - X
    I agree with you.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Has to be manual as there is no point in giving attacking skill points to goalkeepers and defenders!, it is optional to give midfiled players all of them! you must decide if you want them to be more offensive and just use attack and physical!, or an all round midfield player in which case you give points to all 3 sets!, strikers has to be attack and physical only!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.