Thread: Sudden boost

Sudden boost

I wonder if you guys noticed this. I saw it several times in different games. What happens is that at some point in the game, my opponent's team greatly intensifies their effort for several minutes, like they all suddenly increased their ratings by 20, or got on steroids. They mount one attack after another nonstop, and score 2-3 goals within several minutes. Then this boost seizes. Such as, today I had a game and at minute 60 the score was 1:0 in my favor. Then this sudden boost, and the opponent scores 3 goals in 3 minutes; then again absolutely nothing remarkable till the end. I saw pretty much the same effect with another club 2 seasons ago, and it happened in every game with him. So I wonder, did anybody notice something like that? it's like there's some special hidden switch somewhere that gives your team a superboost for several minutes.

It happened to me at the beginning of this season. I was winning 3-0 and got tied within 10 mins

Lol No, this is not street fighter or king of fighter where you have to press a combination of buttons to get a special attack. Yes the boost happens to me and against me. So it's fair game.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 05-15-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Banned
    Once my team scored 4 goals within 4 minutes...

Famous
    If, and it's a big if, the game engine actually does what it should sometimes then it could be when you have 'hard attacking' set as style of play?
    The boost comes from that?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by vralias-fb View Post
    I wonder if you guys noticed this. I saw it several times in different games.
    very often indeed... in particular when I score, then the other team for a short period increses in ball possession

vad
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    If, and it's a big if, the game engine actually does what it should sometimes then it could be when you have 'hard attacking' set as style of play?
    The boost comes from that?
    That was my guess too, but no. In fact couple of times I saw what looked like intensified attacking when I switched the tactics to defense. Switching to attack mode absolutely certainly does absolutely nothing.

It happens for both you and your opponent. There's nothing really to debate about here. Just before you score, you will see a lot of pressing - the boost, for your team.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T