Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Should there be a limit to how much real money you can spend?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3

    Should there be a limit to how much real money you can spend?

    I am a big fan of top eleven and I'm in my fourth season. My team is doing quite well at the moment (touch wood) but I never seem to have many tokens to bid for better players or speed up builds etc. so I'm sometimes tempted to buy tokens with my real money or get free tokens via tapjoy. This is all very well and good but, to really get any serious tokens from tapjoy you have to spend money on some subscription you don't want or need and it's £70 if you want enough tokens to improve every player and build the best stadium possible. Who can afford £70 these days to throw away for a game on your phone? You May say it's the same for everyone you have the choice to spend your own money in the game if you want to, but here's my problem, some people take it to the extreme spending £100's plus of their real money on making their team the best on the game absolutely unstoppable, having the best stadium etc. I don't think this is fair on the rest of is who simply cannot compete because we can't afford to shell out on tokens, I think there should be a limit to what you can spend in the game so it's fairer for everyone. Maybe it's just me who thinks this, what do you think?

  2. #2
    VIP spornybol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    EASTBOURNE
    Posts
    4,520
    I`m season 22 and level 18 and i`v never spend a penny, so it is possible to get a very a good squad without spending ( just call me Arsene Wenger ) even though i`m a Liverpool fan
    davide-acdc likes this.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    944
    The game is designed to make money for the developers, you need to remember that.
    Capping the spend would be like a casino telling you top leave because you'd lost too much.
    Enjoy the game, but it will get very frustrating sometimes as you get promoted and continually meet token buyers.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    I understand what both of you are saying, there's a player who is level 4 same as me his team are worth £60m+ Every single player including his subs and reserves are at least six or seven stars he has won every single game of the season (obviously) and I think that's unfair. I know the game is developed to make money I just think there should be fairer rules a bit like in real life football they've brought in fair play rules and fine teams who spend money like it's going out of fashion.

  5. #5
    VIP spornybol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    EASTBOURNE
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hancock View Post
    I understand what both of you are saying, there's a player who is level 4 same as me his team are worth £60m+ Every single player including his subs and reserves are at least six or seven stars he has won every single game of the season (obviously) and I think that's unfair. I know the game is developed to make money I just think there should be fairer rules a bit like in real life football they've brought in fair play rules and fine teams who spend money like it's going out of fashion.
    then you have run into a token scout buyer, they want instant success rather than build team, so my advice is don`t friend then to hopefully avoid next season ? if you meet next season then tank ( no promotion) so you will aviod in the new season but save skill point`s for new season that way you are stronger

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    I keep meeting them in the campions league so I'm never going to win it I got to the final last season only to be beaten by someone who spent loads of money it takes the fun out the game for everyone else who is playing it the decent and proper way building the team from grass roots up that's the whole idea is it?

  7. #7
    Apprentice fingermouse27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hancock View Post
    the decent and proper way building the team from grass roots up that's the whole idea is it?
    Can someone please tell that to Manchester City....

    Sadly, in top eleven like modern football, the most successful teams will by and large mainly be those that spend stupid amounts of money.

  8. #8
    Famous kynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,005
    I don't feel the game is worth spending money on it. The engine is flawed and there are too many bugs and problems with the game, which is also limited in both what it does and how it comes to those conclusions.

    I feel the developers have a decent enough game here for people to play for free but until they fix and improve the amount of bugs, as well as improving what appears to be some appalling customer service, then in my opinion they don't deserve people spending money on the game.

    The only time I have parted with cash for Tokens has been when doing third party offers (I opened a new betting account up and got 600 Tokens for doing so) for things that I have actually wanted.
    R4dhu likes this.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lucknow, INDIA
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hancock View Post
    I am a big fan of top eleven and I'm in my fourth season. My team is doing quite well at the moment (touch wood) but I never seem to have many tokens to bid for better players or speed up builds etc. so I'm sometimes tempted to buy tokens with my real money or get free tokens via tapjoy. This is all very well and good but, to really get any serious tokens from tapjoy you have to spend money on some subscription you don't want or need and it's £70 if you want enough tokens to improve every player and build the best stadium possible. Who can afford £70 these days to throw away for a game on your phone? You May say it's the same for everyone you have the choice to spend your own money in the game if you want to, but here's my problem, some people take it to the extreme spending £100's plus of their real money on making their team the best on the game absolutely unstoppable, having the best stadium etc. I don't think this is fair on the rest of is who simply cannot compete because we can't afford to shell out on tokens, I think there should be a limit to what you can spend in the game so it's fairer for everyone. Maybe it's just me who thinks this, what do you think?
    I completely disagree with you. It's their money and they can spend as much as they like.

    And will you pose an UPPER LIMIT on money spend in the game if you were the owner of a game. I guess NO.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

  10. #10
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hancock View Post
    I am a big fan of top eleven and I'm in my fourth season. My team is doing quite well at the moment (touch wood) but I never seem to have many tokens to bid for better players or speed up builds etc. so I'm sometimes tempted to buy tokens with my real money or get free tokens via tapjoy. This is all very well and good but, to really get any serious tokens from tapjoy you have to spend money on some subscription you don't want or need and it's £70 if you want enough tokens to improve every player and build the best stadium possible. Who can afford £70 these days to throw away for a game on your phone? You May say it's the same for everyone you have the choice to spend your own money in the game if you want to, but here's my problem, some people take it to the extreme spending £100's plus of their real money on making their team the best on the game absolutely unstoppable, having the best stadium etc. I don't think this is fair on the rest of is who simply cannot compete because we can't afford to shell out on tokens, I think there should be a limit to what you can spend in the game so it's fairer for everyone. Maybe it's just me who thinks this, what do you think?
    Unfortunately, There will never be any limits to how many tokens someone may purchase in T11 since that's how Nordeus make their cash...

    However. On the forum, We run a "Forum Players League" where it's members agree to play on the minimum token budget allowed which is 35T a season on TV rights only.
    Gaurav Bhosale likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast