Thread: PREPARATIONS for the NEXT SEASON

PREPARATIONS for the NEXT SEASON

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing well it is May 22, almost nearing the end of this season (3rd~28th according to wiki).
    This is my first season with Top Eleven and the forum.
    I am in love with the game and I believe many newbies, like I, have the same questions.
    I will state knowledge that I have gained through research on forum archives as facts for others and confirmation but please correct me if I am wrong anywhere!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I will explain my goals for next season and this season.
    Second, I will explain where I am at currently and my goals for this season.
    Third, I will ask questions relating mainly to PREPARATIONS for the NEXT SEASON! (I will re-ask all the questions from in between for convenience)
    (information of current season is important for deciding which preparations should be made for next season)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST

Objective:
    • Win this season's League
    • This season, have mainly 5-6star starting players ranging from 18yr~25yr.(so I would start next season with 4-5 star)
    • Add some expensive 18yr-19yr fast trainer's with abilities into starting OR begin preparing a second lineup
    • Add one of each ability player into lineup (with at least 4 star in between 18yr~25yr)
    • To win season 2 treble!

SECOND

I am currently playing my first season of Top Eleven and currently in 1st place in League but only 3point difference with second place. So far the one match between us has been the deciding factor but there is one more vs match before season's end).

I am not a token buyer but I have in the installed many applications the past few weeks. lol

Here is how the second place and I stack up against each other.
    My Team
    vs
    Second Place
    Average Age
    Budget
    6.08M
    Team Value
    8.23M
    Average Quality
    He plays 4-1-3-2 formation while I play the 3-2-3-2 formation.
    My starting players consist of 4-6 star players (with 4 four-star subs/training, rest of them are all 19yr-24yr about to reach four-stars).(->side note. I am planning on selling players once they reach four-star to free up some assets for trading).
    His starting players consist of 3-5 star players.

How I see the information:
    • his budget is low so he cant make big trades before next week's matchup
    • although his value is worth more, my quality will dominate him during matchup

(also note, I win all matches comfortably with a difference of at least 2 goals)

Relating to my information I hope others can find useful information too.
    If I was the other guy I would go full on offensive to win maybe buying some new players right before matchup.

Conclusion:
    • Nothing to worry about for this season... right? lol
    • As long as there are no injuries everything should be fine.
    • Remember to keep 90+ condition and high morale before matchup.

THIRD

QUESTIONS
    1)Does my goals/objectives look right? I don't want to be goal setting towards a wrong thing. Also, I shouldn't worry about this season right? lol

2)Two lineups or subs to mix it seems like this is up to preference. However, I'm not sure how many subs I should have (which are par to starting) to avoid exhaustion (I'm thinking one GK, DC, DMC, MC, ST as I use the 3-2-3-2 formation and I don't have millions and millions lol)?

3)Selling players that reach 4stars and WHEN to sell? Should I be selling my substitutes (my substitutes are all 19~24ish that are nearly 4stars) that reach 4 stars for some money to buy new players? Also when should I sell them (because I could train more for more profit) ALSO I found it useful to train players on "hard" as much as possible before selling because injury wont matter anyways. <- is this right?

4)When should I buy players for next season? I don't want to buy my second lineup for subs too early because I want to focus training on my starting lineup and avoid losing morale by benching too long. Also I know that my players will lose a star after this season, so should I just buy extra players next season and continue to focus on starting lineup (or should I begin to start saving up money and tokens for next season)?

Thanks for reading!
    Also extra thank you so much in advance to those Top Eleven masters out there!

Jay,

To begin most people on this forum wont respond to long posts like this one. Next time maybe try and break this up. As you are currently level 1, next season if you plan on winning the treble you will have a very full schedule, so having suitable subs to fill in for your starters is important. Make sure you have lots of options when it comes to formations, so you can always change it up. Also special abilities are not that special on this game, so do not try to strive to get them all. Treat them as an added bonus. As for when to buy/sell players, the beginning of a new season begins a transfer market feeding frenzy, where there are a lot of buyers. So that is the best time to sell, not so great to buy. I usually just wait until a player i am really interested in is on the market, regardless of when. Although it is suggested that unless it is a steal, dont buy players right before the end of the season. As for the rest you seem to have a good idea of whats going on, plus if you look through this forum enough you will get ideas on pretty much everything. My last piece of advice, it will only get harder from here, so winning a lot early is good to build a solid foundation when you get to higher levels

Famous
    I'm impressed with your formatting, very neat.

Don't buy any more players until the start of NEXT season.

If you bid for a five star player this season he will be four star on day 1 of next season. You would be better off waiting until day 1 of that season and buying a high 5 star player then.

I'd advise making a decision on what main formation you like to use and making sure that you have players in the right position for that. I look to get as many players as possible that can play at least two positions in the formation I use so cover is easier.

Then I would look at what positions you would need to change formations and look to fill those in next. I stick with a 4-4-2, but like to fall to a 4-4-1-1 away from home from time to time and also carry a player who can play in the DMC role so I can go from a flat 4-4-2 to one with a diamond.

I go for two keepers. Make my main one as strong as possible, with my back up keeper not being a major concern.

I look to have 7 defenders in my team, 2 that are DL+DC, 2 that are DR+DC, 2 that are DC with DCM and a spare that can fill in on two positions so that my back line has plenty of cover.

I then look to have 2 ML and MR's in my team, preferably with them also having AML/R/C abilitys too so I can play a high line with them and then go for at least 3 MC's, 4 if the budget can fall for it.

Up front I aim to have 3 ST's, with a 4th being a ST/AMC

That gives you a squad of 20 (21 if you pick up a fourth MC) which allows you to bring in a player if needed due to injury or if you wish to try another formation. It also allows you to sign any youth players that come to you without having to sell a first team player first.

That is just what I try, it might not work for you, but I find a lot of balance in that.

Thanks for the forum and game advice.
    I am thinking that maybe I should wait till earpy next season to sell but then again, wont my players get older and lose a star making the value go down a whole lot (seems to be around 10%ish of current value)?

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    To begin most people on this forum wont respond to long posts like this one. Next time maybe try and break this up. As you are currently level 1, next season if you plan on winning the treble you will have a very full schedule, so having suitable subs to fill in for your starters is important. Make sure you have lots of options when it comes to formations, so you can always change it up. Also special abilities are not that special on this game, so do not try to strive to get them all. Treat them as an added bonus. As for when to buy/sell players, the beginning of a new season begins a transfer market feeding frenzy, where there are a lot of buyers. So that is the best time to sell, not so great to buy. I usually just wait until a player i am really interested in is on the market, regardless of when. Although it is suggested that unless it is a steal, dont buy players right before the end of the season. As for the rest you seem to have a good idea of whats going on, plus if you look through this forum enough you will get ideas on pretty much everything. My last piece of advice, it will only get harder from here, so winning a lot early is good to build a solid foundation when you get to higher levels
    I am thinking that maybe I should wait till earpy next season to sell but then again, wont my players get older and lose a star making the value go down a whole lot (seems to be around 10%ish of current value)?

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I'm impressed with your formatting, very neat.
    Thanks ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by jh0330 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Don't buy any more players until the start of NEXT season.

If you bid for a five star player this season he will be four star on day 1 of next season. You would be better off waiting until day 1 of that season and buying a high 5 star player then.

I'd advise making a decision on what main formation you like to use and making sure that you have players in the right position for that. I look to get as many players as possible that can play at least two positions in the formation I use so cover is easier.

Then I would look at what positions you would need to change formations and look to fill those in next. I stick with a 4-4-2, but like to fall to a 4-4-1-1 away from home from time to time and also carry a player who can play in the DMC role so I can go from a flat 4-4-2 to one with a diamond.

I go for two keepers. Make my main one as strong as possible, with my back up keeper not being a major concern.

I look to have 7 defenders in my team, 2 that are DL+DC, 2 that are DR+DC, 2 that are DC with DCM and a spare that can fill in on two positions so that my back line has plenty of cover.

I then look to have 2 ML and MR's in my team, preferably with them also having AML/R/C abilitys too so I can play a high line with them and then go for at least 3 MC's, 4 if the budget can fall for it.

Up front I aim to have 3 ST's, with a 4th being a ST/AMC

That gives you a squad of 20 (21 if you pick up a fourth MC) which allows you to bring in a player if needed due to injury or if you wish to try another formation. It also allows you to sign any youth players that come to you without having to sell a first team player first.

That is just what I try, it might not work for you, but I find a lot of balance in that.
    Thanks for the advice, I think I will just replace my 30yr GK 29yr DL 27yr DR but hold off on other purchases until next season?