Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About Target Shot

I suppose it all goes down to how you play the game and the overall quality of the squad that you have.

I'm at level 16 now and have never kept a player from my academy for my first team. I always go in 3 season cycles for my team. In year 1 I will fill the team with high 5 star players who are close to being 6 star. In year two the majoiry of those players will then be mid 5 star players, dropping to 4 star players in year 3. By the start of year 4 I am back to going for high 5's again, selling the 4stars, who are now sometimes down to 3 stars in the process.

You get two players from the academy and the best player is always 4 star. Depending on how fast he trains you can pick him up between 12 and 24 Tokens. Or you could go to the market and bid on a high 5 star player and get him instead. I very rarely find myself in a bidding war that goes over 10 tokens. It does occasionally happen, but more often than not I can pick a 5 star player up for 10 or less.

The second player from the academy is two star. They simply are just not good enough to entertain my squad. The 4 star player would be better than some in my squad due to the cycle system I use, but I just don't think the value is there to sign him up permanently as he would be a back up player who never features. Even at the cheapest option of 12 Tokens I feel I could easily get better value on the market with a high 5 star player.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    You only get players which are available to sign AFTER your Target Shot has produced players. Additionally, Target Shot does not even start the timer for producing players until it has finished being built. If you upgrade it again the production of players is stopped and will reset and start again only after the upgrade is complete.

You need to check first when the new players will be available, like below:

In my case after the 8 days are finished, I will have 2 additional players appear in my Squad List. They will be unsigned. To do anything with either or both of them I'd need to sign them within 7 days.

EDIT: I've looked and I don't have a pick of unsigned youth players in my squad. They will appear simply as 2 futher players in your Squad list. They will not appear in your Training list - you can't train unsigned players.
    and how can i sign with them after they produced

Facilities need upgraded, the order doesn't really matter in the grand scheme imo although I'd recommend getting your medical and training facilities done for the small pack rewards ans ground capacity to the required level for coming season.

ofc there is always the possibility that your high 5* players off the market are academy products and the value for money aspect is highly relative. Token buyers, selling 18 yo academy players might also represent better value for money that bank loans too. You could always change your team to FC Happy and put the welcome mat down for the Norgen crowd. >.< (jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Modey Super View Post
    and how can i sign with them after they produced
    iirc Mourihno tells u there are unsigned players. You click on the player and it will tell you the contract details - you can then choose to sign or release the players.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    I suppose it all goes down to how you play the game and the overall quality of the squad that you have.

I'm at level 16 now and have never kept a player from my academy for my first team. I always go in 3 season cycles for my team. In year 1 I will fill the team with high 5 star players who are close to being 6 star. In year two the majoiry of those players will then be mid 5 star players, dropping to 4 star players in year 3. By the start of year 4 I am back to going for high 5's again, selling the 4stars, who are now sometimes down to 3 stars in the process.

You get two players from the academy and the best player is always 4 star. Depending on how fast he trains you can pick him up between 12 and 24 Tokens. Or you could go to the market and bid on a high 5 star player and get him instead. I very rarely find myself in a bidding war that goes over 10 tokens. It does occasionally happen, but more often than not I can pick a 5 star player up for 10 or less.

The second player from the academy is two star. They simply are just not good enough to entertain my squad. The 4 star player would be better than some in my squad due to the cycle system I use, but I just don't think the value is there to sign him up permanently as he would be a back up player who never features. Even at the cheapest option of 12 Tokens I feel I could easily get better value on the market with a high 5 star player.
    I tank every 3rd season so the players have a reasonable chance of keeping up with losing quality.
    At the moment I have 8 scout 6* players and 2 world class 7* players trained up from the Academy, plus five 2* youths to keep my 'average quality' down for more favourable cup draws.
    I don't use the transfer market, well not for the last 6 or 7 seasons anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12