Thread: Goalkeeper ratings

Famous

Goalkeeper ratings

Now in all the seasons I've played this the goalie is the one player who probably scores lowest ratings over all consistently, even when winning games and not conceding it's usually 6-7-7-6-7 kinda thing with the occasional 8 thrown in.
    Team at the bottom of my league has conceded 102 goals so far and their keeper has received 9-9-9-8-9 in the last 5 games having lost 24 goals in that time. He's averaging out at 8.05 over the 19 games so far.
    No special abilities, 31 years old, what a player!!!!!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    You are getting low ratings for your goa keeper! don't worry that's a good thing, it means he is not having much to do, the reason for the player who is bottom is the completr opposite!, because he has a week team other teams are having lots of shots and so he is very busy,.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    You are getting low ratings for your goa keeper! don't worry that's a good thing, it means he is not having much to do, the reason for the player who is bottom is the completr opposite!, because he has a week team other teams are having lots of shots and so he is very busy,.
    If only that's how it worked!
    When I'm winning the keeper gets mid ratings but in seasons when I'm tanking, losing 11-0 or something, he rates 3 or 4.
    I just think that team has found a 'special' keeper!

I wouldn't worry about 6's and 7's. I have a GK who is getting 5's and 4's and that just is a bit too much for me, so I bought a new one.

Apprentice
    As long as the keeper is doing well, I'd keep him.
    The ratings imho is deduced from whether he made any saves in a normal situation.
    Just won another team 11-0, my keeper's not moving much (opponent only 5 Shots on target), so only received a 5 rating.
    In other matches (I recall), if he made 3-4 saves, he easily gets a 7-8.
    I believe if one were to set their keeper to take Free Kicks, Corners and Penalties, he could have a higher rating as well
    Season 19

League Winner - Levels 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18
    Champions League Winner - Levels 2,3,5,6,10,13,15,17,18
    Cup Winner - Level 3,5,16
    Cup Quarter Finals - Levels 1,2

Yesterday my opponent GK made no saves and got a 9 and MOM, the result was a draw 1:1

Who can understand ratings?
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

not even Nordeus can...

My gk got 8 and MoM yesterday for catching the ball from corners, no saves, no drama (poor striker scores and gets an assist and weeps in the corner cos no one loves him. Today the GK will make 4 world class saves, give the posts a new lick of paint and make the tea at half-time only to be rated 6.

Apprentice
    Gk rating high-> weak def line and your GK has a many chances to do his job
    GK rating low-> strong def line and your GK has nothing to do during the match.
    When your gk makes a fine save, his rating is higher but only mean higher, doesnt mean if your gk make 2,3 fine saves in 1 match, he got rating of 9 by the end of the match.
    This is why, GK is the most useless position in top 11, so stick with your 3,4 star GK if he is still contributing, you dont have to waste token for a 5 star one.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Yesterday my opponent GK made no saves and got a 9 and MOM, the result was a draw 1:1

Who can understand ratings?
    This was my (slightly tongue in cheek) point!
    It's all rather random.........