Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By russ2000_uk

Thread: Form Dip-advice needed

Apprentice

Form Dip-advice needed

Hi,
    I'm in season 13 and was having a pretty great season -except in the Cup, obviously - but have had an alarming dip in form lately. I'm not one to get upset about the odd defeat, and such, but am actually a little concerned about this.

Admittedly, 2 of these results have been draws, but one of them was a 1-1 draw against a team 21 Q less than I...an 89th minute long-effort, no less.

Next up, CL semi-final against a team only 12 Q less than I. Again, I dominate and concede a 75th minute goal to their only real chance. Another 1-1, away from home, so not horrible.

Then a 1-0 home league defeat to a team 10 Q lower. Admittedly, they had 3 or 4 good chances, but I had about 10. I beat this team 7-1 in the return game earlier in the season.

In each case, my team has full morale and condition. I've also played formations that I know to be good counters for the opponents and none of the opposition managers have logged on. I have also added up the Q of the actual teams, not just the squads. The gulf would be larger had I done that.

The real concern I have is the sudden lack of goals. I'm missing everything, even the second corners, and every 1-on-1 chance goes wide.

I've upped the win bonus, but is there anything else I can do? Or is this quite common? I've never been so far ahead in the league before, so is this what happens to keep it a bit interesting?
    Last edited by russ2000_uk; 05-27-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Its happening to me and.few of my coleges too, its global i guess...

12 seasons, 35T player
    5 Titles, 3 Runner-up, 2 Third place
    0 Champions league, 2 Runner-up, 3 Third place
    1 Cup, 0 Runner-up, 0 Third place

End of season dips happens to the best team in the league everywhere. The best thing to do every season is get a good run of results early so you don't suffer during end of season. This is a normal occurrence and cycle. Usually there is nothing much you can do but ride it out. What I usually do is play a couple of friendlies a day to try to end the cycle faster. This is just me, it's not written anywhere and is not official..
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    End of season dips happens to the best team in the league everywhere. The best thing to do every season is get a good run of results early so you don't suffer during end of season. This is a normal occurrence and cycle. Usually there is nothing much you can do but ride it out. What I usually do is play a couple of friendlies a day to try to end the cycle faster. This is just me, it's not written anywhere and is not official..
    Makes sense. I try and do that at the start to 'gel' the team but is probably unnecessary. Makes me feel better though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

Dreamer
    At the moment I'm really hoping the top team in my league has a dip - we're both unbeaten, but I have 6 draws to his 3, so need a little help from other teams in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    At the moment I'm really hoping the top team in my league has a dip - we're both unbeaten, but I have 6 draws to his 3, so need a little help from other teams in the league
    If he's the best/strongest team in the league, quality wise (first 11) then he probably would drop a point soon, just make sure you don't! If he doesnt he's having one of those remarkable seasons. I've only gone against one rival with a remarkable run in 9 season. 100% record.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    If he's the best/strongest team in the league, quality wise (first 11) then he probably would drop a point soon, just make sure you don't! If he doesnt he's having one of those remarkable seasons. I've only gone against one rival with a remarkable run in 9 season. 100% record.
    I had my 26-0-0 season last season!

Theoretically I have a slightly stronger side than him, but my strikers had shockers in both our head-to-head games (the 1st game I wasn't able to watch the match either as I was at a rugby game & an iPhone struggles for 3G signal when you're in a 75,000 crowd). Draws when you have 60% possession are frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    I had my 26-0-0 season last season!

Theoretically I have a slightly stronger side than him, but my strikers had shockers in both our head-to-head games (the 1st game I wasn't able to watch the match either as I was at a rugby game & an iPhone struggles for 3G signal when you're in a 75,000 crowd). Draws when you have 60% possession are frustrating.
    Yup. Good on ya! a 26-0-0 is not easy to achieve especially when troll results appear unannounced. This season my friend was 100% then he drew with a bottom dweller for no good reason. **** happens. I don't believe 26-0-0 is something you can achieve every 2-3 seasons esp if you are up against a lot of active managers in your league, but to achieve it even once is remarkable. I've only done it once in Level 2 or 3 without changing my starting 11 or formation even once except for suspension or injuries, but those are the easier levels.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Whend this kind of dips in form happens, nothing you can do, i am also facing this since last week, i had some losses and draws agains similar Q teams with active managers, but thats normal, sudently i lost to a 2* team at home! that i beat 7:1 away and draw against the abandoned team in last place 1:1, they scored in the last 5 minutes, previous i won 5:0.

I am playing friendlies, and at least on those game everything is normal, i won 9:0 against a friend of mine 2 levels below.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!