Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Season 54

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Holy crap! All my pictures just got huge.. I have to redesign my trophy room on my showcase now!

Update on the Forum's display of pix. Nice.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Champions League Final: Buffs FC met MS Sarakham in the final of the Champions League today.

The opposition lined up in a 4-1-2-3 and Buffs withdrew their wings into a more neutral midfield role - 4-1-4-1.

The first half was a stalemate with chances either end but nothing significant, possession was equal - although Sarakham were forcing corners Buffs defensive line were rock steady.

As the second half got underway both managers made changes to the midfield personnel but stuck with the starting formations. The opener came for Sarakham in 56 minutes when Mackay pulled down Soursdey on the edge of the box (earning a yellow card) and Soursdey himself got up and curled a sweet strike in off the back post. 56 minutes gone and Buffs were 1 down. Buffs Mad signalled a change: Slim Jim Baxter and Jimmy "Jinky" Johnstone pushed forward into a more customary 4-5-1V. The equaliser in 71 minutes came from a ferocious Paul McStay strike that almost punched a hole in the net. Buffs Mad immediately ordered his lads to increase the intensity and in 75 mins Law rounded the keeper - although he ran out of space and clipped it across goal for the in-rushing McStay to claim his second. 2-1 for the Buffs.

Sarakham brought the subs on and went 4-3-3. Law was tired but still running around like a headless chicken, buzzing anywhere and everywhere, and ballooned over in 78 from close range. Buffs Mad told reserve Striker Michael Mols to warm up - which clearly had an impact on Law, as he set up Baxter with a chip that was half-volleyed from close in. It was Law's last action of the day as Mols came on - thank goodness the ref didn't allow the change earlier. With 88 minutes gone and 3-1 up, Buffs let the clock tick down and thats how it finished.

\o/ Buffs FC mark their second Champions League campaign and second Final by successfully defending the trophy. \o/
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-27-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    pnr8555, Cat Harrison and Dman2pt like this.

Today we beats Tdr 3000 FC 2-0, who switched from illegal formation to assymmetrical 4-3-3.

The league is now over, but the final position is not confirmed yet. The CL qualifications and the promotion spots in the top half of the table are all locked.

Champions League Perfect Tactics, AC Transformer, Simpang FC, Atletico Madrid
    Promotion Marissa FC, Rawan FCsozm, Tdr 3000 FC

Remember that I won't active much during next week until July 4, due to the end of year exams.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Treble, my 35T team Lvl 7, Season 7

I'm Not Perfect But I'm Limited Edition

Addicted
    Best time to start a referral team?

Hi all, there hasn't been much to report the last couple of days - we drew our match yesterday, and won the rest. What I want to ask is whether Sunday, is the best time to start a referral team. I mean the first day of the season seems yto make sense as the best day to start one, right?
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

4 of the players who doesn't seems to perform and/or didn't got enough gametime, have been placed on transfer market, in order to gain finances and start to buy new players for next season.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Come on Genie!

For those who are whining about Murray, for men's singles, DIMITROV could shine on top.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    Come on Genie!

For those who are whining about Murray, for men's singles, DIMITROV could shine on top.
    I don't whine about Murray - he does enough whining at himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I don't whine about Murray - he does enough whining at himself.
    If Federer or Djoker is not there

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    If Federer or Djoker is not there
    Ah, think there's a language barrier here. I really meant whining - which is moaning or complaining - at himself. No one whines like Murray.

Love to see Murray win again but I'd be quite happy with Dimitrov too, as a second choice. Still can't get over the idea that we use the words Scottish Tennis Slam & Champion in the same sentence.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast