Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Win Bonus

Win Bonus

Does Win Bonus Really Matter?
    What do you think? Am I wasting my money?
    I always have win bonus on the max every games and I have the trophies below...
    Last edited by Christian Christiansen; 06-14-2014 at 12:25 PM.

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Yes, it does matter a lot!! One of the main rules told to every newbie is to have win bonus at all times if only your budget allows that. Surprised that you don't know this up untill now

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Yes, it does matter a lot!! One of the main rules told to every newbie is to have win bonus at all times if only your budget allows that. Surprised that you don't know this up untill now
    I have played this game for 12 and a half seasons. I have had the win bonus at max, but still does it make any difference. I mean with win bonus at max I won these great trophies,but still I am not really sure

What I can say from my own experience: last season I started with no win bonus, my team did well but then lost and drew a few games in a row so I put a medium win bonus and went on a 18 games winning streak till the end of the season! Oh, and I never have win bonus at max. My strategy is for win bonus+player wages to be less than league match prize. But that might be a very conservative strategy and I don't know if it works on higher levels.

Addicted
    I have win bonus set at the minimum for each season - only my 4th season, but I've won all 3 Leagues and both Champions Leagues so far... not done so well in the Cup though - Playoffs, QFs, Playoffs.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

The only way you can begin to know is if you put it at the minimum and that's not reliable because you can't replay the same ties to check. It's very difficult to know what really makes a difference: would you have won so many with it at the minimum....perhaps. Even someone who sees a change in their fortunes when upping the bonus might have achieved that anyway without the bonus.

I've got bonus at the max and have achieved little - but it doesn't prove anything because I might have achieved less without it.

I work on the principle that if it might give me an advantage then I do it.

I've never used a win bonus.

I'm at level 17 now, I have won the league 14 times, finished 2nd twice, third once. I've also won the cup three times and the Champions League 10 times - losing twice in the final too.*

I suppose you could argue that I could have performed better in the cup (although I do tend to rotate my team in that as I don't see it as a viable cup to win when up against teams three or four levels above me), but overall I think I have a decent return on my 16 full seasons without paying a bonus out.

Its each to their own though. I would imagine if I had started giving a bonus then I would have to keep it in, as taking it away later would probably cause more problems. I would be interested in knowing if others have seen a direct improvement long term with the bonus however, as that would be something to look at.

*In the interest of fairness - I have had access to plenty of tokens over these seasons however, as farming in the UK allows me to keep a strong team for free, so my success may well be greater due to that.
    Last edited by kynan; 06-14-2014 at 01:24 PM.

I dont belive it makes any diference, i Never used win bonus, and i have a few trophies, not so many, but with a 35T budget i dont think it is to bad.
    At least at lower levels, from 1 to 4, it dosent make sense, i manage to promote my 3* team without any problem on that levels.

It is just like moral, i have a team were i dont give moral boosters to the players, and they continue to score and win, the only diference is the number of cards, it seems they get more cards.

But like many things in this game, all of this is based on the individual experience of every player, so unless Nordeus could tell what it is really True, nobody can know for sure.
    Cat Harrison and Piyush Ravi like this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Thank you everybody for their replies!

Banned
    Ask the Developer will be released next season so if they answer to the questions correctly we will get the answers to every question including this one...

At current no one knows...Every one is giving their opinion based on their experience...So the answers can vary......
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast