Thread: Correct position or "best formation"?

Correct position or "best formation"?

Hello. Im a newbie.

Ive checked out the "counter formation"-thread....after I put together my team. Ive got players for 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2, but it seems like 4-5-1V are good against a lot of formations.

If I play 4-5-1V, I will have 2 players placed where they dont want to be and one crappy defender on field.

What's the best to to?

Play the formation my players are 100% good at every place or play a counterformation with some players at wrong place?

//Andreas Sweden.

I never play more than 1 player out of position so I don't know how bad that is but 3-4-1-2 has worked out last season for me against anyone (I also was lvl 1). It's a great formation if you have strong AMC and side midfielders (ML, MR).

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Never good to play players out of position!, your giving away possesion bonus, play the players in the formation you bought them for or don't buy them!, sometimes due to injuries or suspensions you may get desperate so your forced to but only ONE, and a player simular to the one your short, to avoid this look to get multi skilled players or have two players to every position.

I think that if you have 5 players in wrong place, is like illegal formation and you have the 20% of possesion.

For me, the formation is 1st, I use ST's as AMC's, MR's as MC's ... DR better than my DC' as DC and no problem... but remember that the max. players in wrong position is 4, 5 is illegal and will have a penalty in possession (I think if u wanna be sure prove in friendlies)
    Last edited by khris; 06-16-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks for your help guys...👍

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Axelsson-Hofgren View Post
    Hello. Im a newbie.

Ive checked out the "counter formation"-thread....after I put together my team. Ive got players for 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2, but it seems like 4-5-1V are good against a lot of formations.

If I play 4-5-1V, I will have 2 players placed where they dont want to be and one crappy defender on field.

What's the best to to?

Play the formation my players are 100% good at every place or play a counterformation with some players at wrong place?

//Andreas Sweden.
    I vote for best formation first and foremost,especially if you have players who can play more than one position(I highly recommend to start buying these kind of players).