Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Possession - HOW?

Possession - HOW?

Hello all,
    I've had this match today where I got a draw.
    My team was playing 3N-5-2 flat with normal-short passing-hard tackling-own half and the away team was playing 5-3W-1-1
    Against an almost equal team (70.6 for me to 70.9) at a home match with %3 bonus the possession was 50% to 50%.
    how can this be possible?
    I would be happy if someone could explain it to me
    thanks a lot.

I see nothing wrong...

so you mean that having 5 midfielders over 3 doesn't affect the possession

His AMC also counts, so it's 5 and 4.
    Also, general quality of the team doesn't matter. It's quality of 11 on field, and middle fielders that counts.
    Kibica likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

3% bonus possession doesn't entitle you to 53 v 47. You know your orders but do you know his?

so this is the question.
    What kind of orders can get this possession. Just wondering and trying to understand
    here is the player qualities,
    Away team GK 74, DL 74, DC 70, DC 74, DC 71, DR 70, ML69, MC 74, MR 75, AMC 75, ST 74 total 800
    Home Team GK 74, DC 73, DC 72, DC 73, ML 72, MC 73, MC 73, MC 73, MR 70, ST 74, ST 72 total 799

just a quick reminder, with +3 bonus the possession was %50 to %50 not %53 to %47

I'm not questioning the result (draw) nor I'm expecting %80 to %20 possession for my team but I was at least expecting %55-%60 with the bonus midfielder.
    so I'm questioning the orders. Short passing and hard tackling is important for posession but what else.
    thank you for your answers by the way.

There doesn't need to be a difference in orders - I was just highlighting the unknown.

Even if everything is equal right down the line, same formation, orders, players etc....there will still be variation from one simulation to the other and 3% variation is a trifling amount.

In some matches I can start Normal attacking and gain a possession advantage then change to attacking and possession drops other matches it increases.

But one possible difference is he might have been pressing all over the park.....or not. ie his team is aggressively trying to regain possession in more areas than you. Counterattacking can produce possession stats that seem counter-intuitive depending on opposition orders.

But I'm just tip-tapping wereas in truth, the variation your seeing is so small that its easily explained as a random effect - you expected to roll a 3, 4,5 or 6 and got a 2.

Buffs Mad, thank you for your answer but I ve had 2 matches with this team and in both matches my possession was worse. The first match was 4-4-2 and away but the posession was 60 to 40. I just try to understand if I'm doing something wrong ot what he is doing correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast