Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How to win the cup ?

Lightbulb How to win a cup?

Hello there!

I do really ask myselft whether is possible to win the cup. I do always meet one-more-level stronger teams, so I have no chance to beat them. Why do I never meet a lower-level team, but only the stronger one?

Thanks y'all for any help how to win this..
    azhar17 likes this.

Just jump on this one below and post there with other questions - keeps this together and avoids repitition.

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...w-win-cup.html

You are lucky man.

I do always meet three-more-level stronger teams.

if you are a good team, you will face higher level teams, its just how it goes!

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Addicted
    Do not assign skill points during the season.

When new season begins, assign skill points and buy new five star players or scouts.

That should help get you closer to winning the cup.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    14 is the minimum number of players you can have, I guess that is why. (I rather wish it counted the Top 11..)

I merged the threads.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-25-2014 at 03:49 AM.
    BeckStar likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Try to play attacking formations (don't play 4-3-3 no one on wings, play 3W-4-3 wide diamond) at away matches. High pressing and normal tackling. Even if you get a 2-2 you'll be lucky. Play a defensive formation (say 5-2mc-2W-1 or 4-5-1V) at home. 1-0 is good, if you concede anything more than 2 goals (if first leg is at home) then play 5-3-2 at away.
    I got 2-2(a) and 0-1(h) last season, that goal came to a penalty... So never use hard tackling in cup games.

It is possible with good tactics against stronger teams and some good luck. Took me 23 seasons to win my first and only Cup to date.

KFC Loella. Level 24
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Few seasons ago I left my team Celtic abandoned with reserves left in 1st squad and few players had yellow triangle due lack of players (1st team ones were injured/suspended/tired). What initially was setup for 1 match, finished up as setup for whole season because I didn't play TE few weeks after that day (due some private reasons). When I got back, I was shocked when found out that my wounded team won the Cup.
    I've tried to win it for seasons, used tactics, strong players, counter formations, couldn't do it and then suddenly my teams wins it with weak line-up. Once I even tried to decrease avQ to 3* before season start and then bought 5* players, had 2* stronger team than whole competition and got trolled against abandoned 3* team, lost due away goal rule. After that I changed my priorities in TE, now Cup is very low on that list, I don't care much about it.
    BeckStar likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    Few seasons ago I left my team Celtic abandoned with reserves left in 1st squad and few players had yellow triangle due lack of players (1st team ones were injured/suspended/tired). What initially was setup for 1 match, finished up as setup for whole season because I didn't play TE few weeks after that day (due some private reasons). When I got back, I was shocked when found out that my wounded team won the Cup.
    I've tried to win it for seasons, used tactics, strong players, counter formations, couldn't do it and then suddenly my teams wins it with weak line-up. Once I even tried to decrease avQ to 3* before season start and then bought 5* players, had 2* stronger team than whole competition and got trolled against abandoned 3* team, lost due away goal rule. After that I changed my priorities in TE, now Cup is very low on that list, I don't care much about it.
    Haha cup trols hurt the most, personally i like to win the cup more than anything else.. this is why i was trying to figure out how to do it a year ago.. now it's all clear ;D cup isnt problem anymore.
    t11_fan likes this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast