Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Why did my striker stop scoring completely?

Why did my striker stop scoring completely?

So yeah. I have this beast right here ----> Why did my striker stop scoring completely?-sheva.jpg and i've had him since season 2 (i'm season 5 atm) .Last season (season 4 level 4) he had like 30 goals and 17 assists in 35 matches or something among those lines.
    This season, he has just literally died. He still has a ****load of assists but i don't need that from my LONE STRIKER. Why did my striker stop scoring completely?-sheva-2.jpg . Last season i literally played 90% of my games with a 4-1-3-1-1 formation and he was perfect. This season i tried that, PLUS another like 4 formations and he doesn't do sh*t. I even bought wingers and tried a 4-3-3 formation, that didn't really do anything aswell. THOSE ARE MY MIDFIELDER'S STATISTICS. Why did my striker stop scoring completely?-prince.jpg . I'd really appreciate some help.

Dreamer
    I had an AML/AMC who went like that last season - he'd had 2 seasons where he topped the league scoring charts, he started last season as (barely) a 4*, and struggled to buy a goal. I was (sentimentally) hanging onto him until he posted his career 100 goals, and it took about 18 matches. My theory is that every now and then players go into form slumps - especially if they're having trouble keeping up skill wise.

That said, if your guy is posting lots of assists that's no bad thing - at least your team is scoring. Look at the (real) world cup, the teams doing well are those who use their striker to hold the ball up and create options for attacking midfielders running through.

Raise his physical&mental stats. Maybe even defensive a bit.
    K_6 and Cat Harrison like this.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Raise his physical&mental stats. Maybe even defensive a bit.
    I hadn't noticed the low physical - that means he's not as quick as he could be, and liable to get battered by more physical defenders.

Ok, thank y'all. And btw my team doesn't really score that much, but my wings score all the goals. 80% of my goals are Assisted by my ST and scored by my right wing which is strange as f*ck. ( my focused passing is down both wings so they should be whipping it in to the ST. )

I have a striker that scores a goal every 2 games, 1 assist a game and plays the lone role in a 4-5-1. Other striker is goal a game when he plays with the other one in a 2.

Some formations mean strikers are holding it up/waiting for support imo. My strikers scored 17 goals this season compared with 48 from midfield - but FKs count for 1/3 of those midfield ones.

I can tell you from loads of experience using wingers, that if you put red arrows on wingers and use passing down both flanks, they will both get more goals then your striker. Your striker will get lots of assists from give and go plays with your wingers when they come into the box
    Ricardo82 and Cat Harrison like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Both of my strikers have stopped scoring. I scored over 100 goals last season in League. This season I've scored 15 in 7 games.

I've scored only 37 goals across ALL games (15) this season.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    I can tell you from loads of experience using wingers, that if you put red arrows on wingers and use passing down both flanks, they will both get more goals then your striker. Your striker will get lots of assists from give and go plays with your wingers when they come into the box
    If I use red arrows on my wingers they do nothing and never score any goals, but when using blue arrows they score loads.
    Also my possession instantly goes down approx 10-20% whenever I select any player with a red arrow, so i now never use red arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by kev jen View Post
    If I use red arrows on my wingers they do nothing and never score any goals, but when using blue arrows they score loads.
    Also my possession instantly goes down approx 10-20% whenever I select any player with a red arrow, so i now never use red arrows.
    I dont know your team but may be its because of quality that the posession goes down if you put red arrows on your wingers. I ever put red arrows on my wingers. And like the devs had told us. If we put red arrows on them they will play like wingstrikers. And that is true. My wingers scores many goals after assist from my striker. And my striker scores a lot after assists from my wingers.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast