Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: Season 56

We've just played the best match this season by far...

Today in the League a crucial match vs aung aung FC (3rd place) was awaiting us (5th place). Losing it would mean that we fall 5pts behind 3rd place and basically say goodbye to the title.
    The manager took the risk and decided to play 3-3-2-2 formation, almost never used before...
    Season 56-form.jpg

Commentary: The 1st half went without major threats from the opponent but both teams had chances. During HT the managers ordered for strikers and outer MCs to switch between positions. The 2nd half started and on 48th minute AML Thongchai Senagul found ST Matthew McInnes who fired in the goal! On 70th minute AMR Lucas Walker passed to Senagul to score our second!!

We won 2-0 and went up to 4th place at least for 1 day. Tomorrow we'll play League leader so there's still a lot to fight for."
    Season 56-league.jpg
    Dman2pt, Cat Harrison and pnr8555 like this.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

It was a day of defeat for us, beginning with a 2-0 CL loss. This kills any chance of advancing out of the Group, as the top two are now on 13 and 10, respectively, and I can only earn 9. We fell behind after 13 minutes and never really threatened. Carl Frost missed his second straight penalty chance, so we may need to make a change there. Nobody really had a good game for us, save for Fabian Johnson. In spite of upping the Win Bonus, we didn't get it done.

Howard, Woods (Donné 68'), Grella, Califf, Johnson, Bjørge (Altidore 46'), Nogueira (Jóhannsson 81'), Gómez, Frost, Green, Bilali

The bad times continued as we were out-classed in the League, 2-1. Aron Jóhannsson's second half goal proved the lone highlight and we had no answer for their defense. We're still in 8th place, but a little distance was created. For a second straight game, a left back complained about being lifted for offense in a match we were losing and they were only rating a 6. If you don't want to come out, get your name on the score sheet!

Howard, Beasley (Bilali 63'), op den Kamp, Ikhide, Donné, Rowland (Frost 85'), Carrizo, Short (Nogueira 81'), McCleary, Altidore, Jóhannsson

One other thing, it seems to be taking a lot longer to get subs into matches. In each instance today, save for one halftime sub, they all took over 10 minutes to come in. Not good....
    Dman2pt, Cat Harrison and jael510 like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HazmatCorntail View Post
    One other thing, it seems to be taking a lot longer to get subs into matches. In each instance today, save for one halftime sub, they all took over 10 minutes to come in. Not good....
    I've noticed my subs are slow to make it onto the field too . . . I've decided to try and sub "pre-emptively", if you will. BUT, that is rather hard to do in a game that is tied or you lead by a narrow margin.

Quote Originally Posted by dkb2005 View Post
    I've noticed my subs are slow to make it onto the field too . . . I've decided to try and sub "pre-emptively", if you will. BUT, that is rather hard to do in a game that is tied or you lead by a narrow margin.
    Same, in Cup game yesterday it was particularly noticable (because I was drawing and needed a win). Was throwing the kitchen sink at them, player got injured, missed the FK and had 6 minutes of the match to play with lost possession because sub never made it on.

Normaly I don't care but....
    pnr8555 likes this.

\o/ *Buffs Spam* \o/

Champions League: Buffs FC calm the nerves after a draw and a loss in the previous rounds with a Sprite-ly performance, finishing 7up. (7-0).

The Buffs were faced with a stuffy 4-1-4-1 formation and opted to start steady with 4-3W-1-2 before changing to 3N-4-1-2 later when Souness came on for McGrain.

Goals: Nicol (1), McCoist (38), Souness (46, 52), McFadden (65, 84), Dalglish (76).

After that amazing match described a few posts above we played our reserve players vs 4th place in CL group and won 5-0.

Goals: 12' Mirauskas (Crank), 20' Dantas da Silva, 24' Crank (Mirauskas), 47' Senagul (Schintee), 71' Ortega.

The H group situation though is not the best, we're 4pts off 1st so impossible to get up here and a draw will secure the 2nd place to us. *unnecessarily disappointed*
    Dman2pt, Cat Harrison and jael510 like this.

1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs

*The PaceWhores spam too* lol

The manager in great need of a striker has ran out of patience and ditched his principles about only buying expensive young players so now we have this guy...
    Season 56-griffiths.png

Viktor Griffiths became our 5th striker so we had to bid farewell to our legend, one of the "winning trio"... Tribute as always will be in team's showcase thread.
    |
    |
    v

1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs

SBARATA FC

We manage a tought win away by 2:3 with a red card for our MC Carchedi
    Goals by Klimov, Ketnuam and Kalnaes, Klimov got MOM

We are now 3rd, 4 points behind 1st and 3 behind 2nd.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

League Update:

Ninjaa FC continues to dominate in league playing winning 7-0 at home against a team from the bottom of the table, while the manager wasn't watching. The strikers continue to struggle though, as all but 1 of the goals were scored by the AML, AMR and MCs.

CL Update:

Since today's CL match was only a couple hours after the league match, the starting lineup for the CL match consisted of 9 backups. Despite the weaker lineup, the opposing players on the pitch were 2 stars lower in quality on average. The opponents were using a 4-1-2-1-2 ND formation, which should normally be easily countered by my 3-5-2 V (my main formation). There were many reasons to be confident going into the game, but either the game decided to troll me, or the players decided they didn't want to play.

At half time, the score was still 0-0, so I quickly subbed in a MC and a ST that normally start. Things didn't improve as the opposing team scored the first goal of the match (erasing my clean sheet that had been kept in the CL so far). Luckily, starting DMC Giorgio Trotti decided to come forward on offense and scored a goal. The end result was a 1-1 draw, in a match where Ninjaa FC had 77% of possession. After the match, the manager was so cross that he threatened to send all of those that under-performed back to the U21 team.

The draw was still enough to clinch top spot in the group, but the recent lack of performance by the strikers has me worried. Majid Kalaei is now at just 2 goals in the past 7 matches, after 24 goals in the 12 before that. It would increase the chance of injuries, but there are some days coming up with just 1 match on them, so I may spam friendly matches on those days and hope that playing the same lineup with no changes for more matches will get the players back in form.

It gets harder each season to upgrade the team, selling mediocre or older players near the end of the season and trying to pick up players as the new season goes on. It is almost tempting to throw a season so that you can improve your present squad so that losing the stars when you do eventually go up does not effect you so much.
    Buffs Mad and Dman2pt like this.

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast