Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Buffs Mad
  • 1 Post By Philip L. Willis
  • 2 Post By RJSlow
  • 1 Post By zoommonkeyca
  • 1 Post By gogs67

Thread: what happens when you dont come in the top 7

what happens when you dont come in the top 7

Do you get relegated, or stay in the same division your were in, or something else?

im considering letting my team not get promoted, so i can let my younger guys improve, and save tokens.
    is this a good idea?
    thanks in advance.

Your team repeats the level.

Intentionally failing to promote in order to harvest skill points and farm kits n tokens is called Tanking around here.

PS. Failing to promote because you have a life and other things to do is called being a lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by zoommonkeyca View Post
    Do you get relegated, or stay in the same division your were in, or something else?

im considering letting my team not get promoted, so i can let my younger guys improve, and save tokens.
    is this a good idea?
    thanks in advance.
    I wouldn't know. hehe...
    Pete Cresswell likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    PS. Failing to promote because you have a life and other things to do is called being a lightweight.
    Its a good thing I don't have a life then, so i guess I will keep going for promotions

As for the OP, you stay at the same level, they would never let you get relegated. If that was the case I would consider relegating myself back to level 2 with my current team and go for treble after treble (Cup would still be a pain though)
    Philip L. Willis and BeckStar like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Your team repeats the level.

Intentionally failing to promote in order to harvest skill points and farm kits n tokens is called Tanking around here.

Good to know, thank you for answering my question and the additional explanations are much appropriated too.
    I guess im a lightweight tanker lol.

I think i might have to tank like it or not, as im not spending $ on the game, and i just cant keep up with the token demand to get new players in order to come in the top 4 every season.

if you guys have any additional strategy advice for this lightweight please share. how do u keep getting promoted?
    im a lvl 11 manager and thus far been promoted every time but, i missed the CL this season as i come in 7th, so i thought it be a good idea to let my young players build up a season and missing the CL one more year and not spending any tokens on new signings. maybe one or two at the end of the season when the bid wars are not so crazy.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zoommonkeyca View Post
    Good to know, thank you for answering my question and the additional explanations are much appropriated too.
    I guess im a lightweight tanker lol.

I think i might have to tank like it or not, as im not spending $ on the game, and i just cant keep up with the token demand to get new players in order to come in the top 4 every season.

if you guys have any additional strategy advice for this lightweight please share. how do u keep getting promoted?
    im a lvl 11 manager and thus far been promoted every time but, i missed the CL this season as i come in 7th, so i thought it be a good idea to let my young players build up a season and missing the CL one more year and not spending any tokens on new signings. maybe one or two at the end of the season when the bid wars are not so crazy.
    As far as I can tell (my cheeky joke aside) tanking is also a useful way to take a break from the grind and get your mojo back. No shame in going lightweight.

Famous
    If you're level 11 I guess you have all the facilities up to max. Means when you tank you get to save up all the reds and greens that come every 4 days. Also get to sell the free academy player that you get every 12 days so money comes in.
    Try and build up as young a team as possible, so the players gain more from training and playing and don't lose it all when promoted.
    It's the best way to play this game IMO, means you are never short of packs and you can hold onto players for far longer, almost like a real football game!!!!
    As for the actual tanking, I always try and win the first 10 games, makes the rest of the season more interesting as it can be a real sweat getting that 8th place or worse when you have points up on the board, plus you get the blue packs that go with it.
    Cat Harrison likes this.