Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Mo Avengers
  • 1 Post By Mo Avengers
  • 2 Post By shakiraa
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Passing style - short passing vs long passing

Rookie

Passing style - short passing vs long passing

Hi all, I tried to search through the forum but can't find any useful thread that discuss about passing.

I would like to check with u guys on the difference btw long passing and short passing? What's the best situation to use either one?

For example...long passing when counter attack?

Thanks

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiraa View Post
    Hi all, I tried to search through the forum but can't find any useful thread that discuss about passing.

I would like to check with u guys on the difference btw long passing and short passing? What's the best situation to use either one?

For example...long passing when counter attack?

Thanks
    It depends on your formation. E.g. if you're playing 4-4-2 it's a long way between your midfield and strikers, so better to use long. If you have an AMC you can use short

LOl for what it's worth I use long passing when defending and playing counter attack say against a team stronger than you the I use short or mixed when playing normal or attacking !!! however I sometimes use amr aml and use long passing down the wings to get behind the defence of the other team !!!! oh wait damn just gave away my tactics for 35T FORUM league lol forget that lol I use long passing for teams that begin with the letter A and short for teams that begin with the letter B every other team I use Mixed !!!!! phew think I got away with that one !!!!
    Peter Renn likes this.

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    I will always use Mixed Passing......The only case in which I might consider playing short passing is with Narrow Diamond formation...

But use short passing when you want to have more possession or when you have more players playing in the mid field...Like the 3-5-2 formation...
    Last edited by Siddharth Shanker Singh; 08-12-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    I will only always use Mixed Passing......The only case in which I might consider playing short passing is with Narrow Diamond formation...

But use short passing when you want to have more possession or when you have more players playing in the mid field...Like the 3-5-2 formation...
    Thats why you have so many injuries hun lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Thanks all for the helpful information

Rookie
    i have found that short passing is more defensive and possession based while long passing is more attacking. I usually use mixed which has seen me dominate possession against similar/weaker teams while being able to launch long ball counter attacks and still score plenty of goals, and i sometimes switch to long if i am trailing and playing with an attacking mentality, which can often bring a quick goal or two but against good teams usually just sees the ball blocked by their defence or them counter attacking.

edit: i also have used short when playing leg 2 of a cup/cl match after going in with a lead or 1 or 2 goals and it has been effective in producing a lower scoring match.
    Last edited by WeWillAllBeForgotten; 08-12-2014 at 03:56 PM.

I use short passing when I want possession and when I outnumber the opponent in the midfield. Sometimes its to dominate a lesser team or to hang in there v a stronger one. It doesn't require either DMs and/or AMs but works better with them. Note: it doesn't restrict pasing to short only it just sets short as a preference, your team will still kick it long if they decide to.

Mixed is what I use most of the time but I decide between the 2 for each particular match.

Long? - I've hardly used on my main and when I have I must've used it wrong because I've not been impressed by it. Used in on my former defensive counterattacking team and not found it to me any better than Mixed. And ofc players can still pass short when they decide to.