Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The players you want on your team

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Me and all the other forum members are ready to answer your question till eternity......
    That's why we all are here for......
    I know I am a PITA and that I would get a much better response by asking one question per post, but I ask one and that leads to another and another and pretty soon I wrote a post longer than anyone is willing to read. Thank you for answering as much as you do though.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    The way i do it in the market is this:

I always look for the highest price player, then for His age, If a 21 years old have a higher price that all the youngester players on the market he is the player i whant, not the 18 years old players, because If he is older, but have a higher MV he trains fast. This If they have same number of stars.
    I like this, but wonder about the 18 vs. 21. Even if the 21 trains faster, he will only train faster for 1 season. After 18-21, a 22 year old takes a decline in training speed, right? So what is better only year of training at 2.2 times the average speed or four years at 1.9 times the average speed? Am I thinking too long term?

If there are any high MV young players, i just look for the highest quality players no matter the age.
    A 27 years old player can stay in your team 3 seasons without any problem.
    Do you consider form history?

I dont look for quality whend selling a player, but to ratings and stats, in my 15 seasons at this game i have seen that even some 1* players can be better that some 6* players.
    Ah, you bring up one of the key questions for which I am looking for an answer. So it sounds like most high form players stop getting high form before they reach 1*. Will this 1* high form player stop getting high form in another league level or two? At what point do most high form players stop getting high forms?

Old players don't perform worse then young ones. They just train less fast. The difference in performance nevertheless between young and old might be explained by their development during the season. (if he trains fast) IMO by en large a player who performs will keep performing/getting good stats. So, I either try and snatch the fastest trainer possible (18-20/21 high MV/low wage), or an old player with good stats. The higher lvl you are, the less obvious it is to determine fast trainers through MV/wage ratio.

I don't really look at weight, but I do prefer tall players, except for AMR/AML, as I had plenty of outstanding wingers who were short-ish. For MC's, I try and look for either or left footed on the left MC position. Allthough I had plenty of right footed players do well, I had more succes on that position with either or lefties.

A 1-3 star player may perform well in a star studded team, but don't field too many of them.

Last, if |I don't find anything, I just sit and wait, be patient, an older player with 6's will most likely not be any better then a 5Q lower player I already have.

just my 2 cents

edit in: lastly, don't be satisfied too easily, even with GK's or MC's who get 6 on average, though they are prone to getting bad ratings, it will come and bite you in the %$# sooner or later.
    Last edited by fugazi; 08-22-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Rookie
    I have a defender that got constant 8/9s last season despite being 1-3 stars lower than every other player on my team that weighed 70 and was 32 lol. I don't recall him getting any injuries although he may have had 1 or 2 over the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12