Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The players you want on your team

Rookie

The players you want on your team

You willing to read through some newbie's crackpot ideas on how to find the best players based on what I have observed in my two season long career and on what i read in this forum? Willing to give me some feedback and gently nudge me back in the right direction? Just thought I would warn you before you started reading this boring post.

The players you want on your team are the ones who play the best. No kidding, right? But this is not as straightforward as it sounds. The players who play the best get the highest forms. Quality/stars is everyone's favorite player attribute, but it is only a good indicator of form when comparing two players with a large difference in stars. Generally it can be expected that a six star player will get a higher form than a two star player. However when the star gap is smaller, stars/quality are not an indicator of which player will have better form. At these levels form seems to be independent of quality, so that a two or three star player that is high form can play a game with all four and five star players and still get a form of 8. This is the high form player you want on your team and the only way to tell if you have one is to look at their past forms. Unfortunately most of the players on the transfer market are new and have no form history to check out. Who would sell a high form player? So the way I have been looking for players is by trial and error. Hire, do they play well in a couple games, no? sell and try again. Unfortunately this eats up tokens.

It is unfortunate for us that the primary characteristic that we desire in our players is not indicated by any attribute visible in the transfer market. Or is it? There are some who claim that there are characteristics that indicate a higher probability of getting a high form player. I have read on this board that either being listed under preferred foot is one of these higher probability characteristics. I have not seen enough players to make any claim on whether this is true. Do you have any opinion on whether it is true? Or do you have any other characteristics that lead you to high form players?

Despite being in the dark about which transfer list players are high form, there are characteristics that tell us whether we will be able to keep the player for a long period of time should we happen to stumble across a keeper. These are speed of training, age, and quality/stars. Assuming you advance a level every season, your players lose a star. Once your players become 2 stars and then 1 star (are there 0 star players? lower than 0?), the star gap between the high form player and your league becomes large enough that a high form player gets lower forms. Is this true? I would think it would have to be. Low age, high training speed, and high quality/stars all delay the arrival of this overwhelming star gap by helping you in the star race.

First if a player can train fast enough to keep pace in the star race (a star per season) or even faster, they are able to maintain an adequate star level for as long as they can maintain this training speed. It seems to be generally accepted that transfer market value or price is an indicator of training speed. I have not found this to be true, but maybe I do not have enough data or the claim is only about a higher probability.

Age is an indicator of whether a player is at their career max training speed and how long they will be able to maintain their current training speed. Every couple of years a player's training speed takes a significant decline, so that old players train much more slowly than they did in their youth. This means that targeting young players is beneficial because if you happen to find a high form player who is also a fast trainer, being younger means that they will be able to maintain the training speed longer, and therefore race the star gap for a longer time, and therefore stay on your team a couple more seasons.

Finally a high quality, while not indicating high form, does give your player a head start on the star race and can keep you player on your team for a couple more seasons.

So in conclusion you look for players in the transfer market who are young and high quality because if they happen to be high form players and maybe even a fast trainer they will be able to stay on your team longer than if you get an older, lower quality high form player.

This whole post sounds pretty dumb because the conclusion (who wouldn't want young, high quality players?) seems obvious , but please give me some feedback on my reasoning. I would like to learn more on the subject.

Thanks for replies.

Banned
    Quite a long post...

While searching for players if you have token then look for high valued young players...

Which means either you are looking for Nordeus Gems or Token Youth Academy player...

Either footed players always perform better...I am yet to see an either footed player performing badly...

I have noticed one more thing ( many of you may laugh at this ) regarding weight of the players...

1) Players with less weight get injured a lot in this game...Never buy players with weight below 75...and with players below 70 weight don't even think of buying them...

2) Players having weight between 82-87 make ideal attacking midfielders...

3) Defenders having weight 89+ perform good...

4) I have been keeping a record of the GK who consistently get 7, 8, 9 ratings and there was only 1 similarity between them - they all were either footed...

Besides if you persist with a player they tend to perform well at last...

And the theory that price is an indicator how fast a player train is 100% true...There is no doubting this theory...

There are no players with 0 star...The minimum is 1 star and the maximum is 9 star...

Any thing else you will like to know which I missed......
    Last edited by Siddharth Shanker Singh; 08-22-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Let the better team on the day WIN!

There are league leading teams with just old players. Obviously this is not the rule.

The players you want on your team-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-22-14-12-13-old-team.png

I will find older player teams like this leading the table more often than a team with a average age of 20/21 leading their tables. They are not 7/8 stars old guys, but purchased off the transfer list, I believe with a proven track history.

The players you want on your team-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-22-14-20-51-ssn-6-old-team-leading.png

I something keep a track of sold players, maybe I miss them or just to see if I made a BIG mistake letting them go. I add my sold player onto the Negotiations list, or look them up in my game history. You will be surprised what you learn from your sold players. It will change whom you let go of and which ones stay.

The players you want on your team-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-22-14-28-34-ssn-6-norman-ali-sold.jpg

A Norman Ali, was average still is average to me, I sold him because of his AGE, but someone else appreciates him more I'm glad, I trained up a useful player to someone.

Well the whole point of my reply was to say, I think your post was great, not too long winded for me, (I can just see the rest of the posting board laughing, because I'm Mr long winded!).

The purpose of us posting here are many, sharing, get help and helping. The list goes on... NOT JUST VENTING!

I'm just amazed at the different ways people use to get themselves shiny trophies with handles! No magical formula at all, OLD team, young team, solid counter formations, make no sense formations,,, blah blah blah.

I say "JUST PLAY!" let the better team on the day WIN!

Good post, peace.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Quite a long post...

While searching for players if you have token then look for high valued young players...

Which means either you are looking for Nordeus Gems or Token Youth Academy player...

Either footed players always perform better...I am yet to see an either footed player performing badly...

I have noticed one more thing ( many of you may laugh at this ) regarding weight of the players...

1) Players with less weight get injured a lot in this game...Never buy players with weight below 75...and with players below 70 weight don't even think of buying them...

4) I have been keeping a record of the GK who consistently get 7, 8, 9 ratings and there was only 1 similarity between them - they all were either footed...

And the theory the price is an indicator how fast a player train is 100% true...There is no doubting this theory...

There are no players with 0 star...The minimum is 1 star and the maximum is 9 star...

"regarding weight of the players "

That is "skinny guys" discrimination! I'm going to send you a link next time Mexico plays Holland.

The way i do it in the market is this:

I always look for the highest price player, then for His age, If a 21 years old have a higher price that all the youngester players on the market he is the player i whant, not the 18 years old players, because If he is older, but have a higher MV he trains fast. This If they have same number of stars.

If there are any high MV young players, i just look for the highest quality players no matter the age.
    A 27 years old player can stay in your team 3 seasons without any problem.

In both ways i only buy If i need the position the player have.

I dont look for quality whend selling a player, but to ratings and stats, in my 15 seasons at this game i have seen that even some 1* players can be better that some 6* players.
    Qyu, Cat Harrison, andrewh and 1 others like this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Rookie
    Quite a long post...
    Yes, but I warned you all at the beginning.

I read this either footed idea from you right away when I started playing, so now my whole team is either footed. This means that I cannot possibly refute your statement that they perform better because I have right or left footed players for comparison. The only observation I have is that I have found some poorly playing either footed players (nothing but 5's for form), but you are bound to come across a couple bad apples when you test them all out.

I like this info and will use it. This is the kind of response (telling me where I am right and wrong and teaching me new things) I was hoping for. Thank you.

If you keep playing a highly rated player who gets 5's all the time, they will eventually get better?
    I have read about trying them out at different positions (for example, trying a DC at all three DC positions) and I do this before I sell them, but you are saying that if I keep playing a bad player he will get better? How many games are we talking or do you mean from one season to the next?

And the theory that price is an indicator how fast a player train is 100% true...There is no doubting this theory...
    I will take a closer look at this. Are you saying that high price means that you have a higher probability of finding fast training? I have read people saying that it is not just more likely to find fast training but that high price= fast training everytime. I have found some not so great trainers with high price. Training speed goes down as age and stars go up, but otherwise does not change, right?

This may be my most important question. I have not played long enough to find this out. I have seen two star players outplay four and five star players. If that awesome two star player is older and does not train very well, at what point will he not perform well? When I move up a level and he becomes one star? When I move up to the next level and he is still a 1 star but quality is down another five? At some point form has to go down or my 18 year old, two star, high form player that I received in my first season will still be good at level 17 when he is 34 years old (if I would be lucky enough to level up every season).

Be careful. I might have you answering questions in this thread for weeks.
    Last edited by andrewh; 08-22-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewh View Post
    Be careful. I might have you answering questions in this thread for weeks.
    Me and all the other forum members are ready to answer your question till eternity......
    That's why we all are here for......

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    There are league leading teams with just old players. Obviously this is not the rule.

I will find older player teams like this leading the table more often than a team with a average age of 20/21 leading their tables. They are not 7/8 stars old guys, but purchased off the transfer list, I believe with a proven track history.

I something keep a track of sold players, maybe I miss them or just to see if I made a BIG mistake letting them go. I add my sold player onto the Negotiations list, or look them up in my game history. You will be surprised what you learn from your sold players. It will change whom you let go of and which ones stay.
    We are in agreement that old players can be just as good as young in the current season, but I can't seem to find any players with 7's and 8's on the transfer list. Seems like 9 out of every ten has no history.

How do you keep track of sold players? With negotiations? I get access to that is season 4?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewh View Post
    We are in agreement that old players can be just as good as young in the current season, but I can't seem to find any players with 7's and 8's on the transfer list. Seems like 9 out of every ten has no history.

How do you keep track of sold players? With negotiations? I get access to that is season 4?
    Plan for the future, but be ready for your next game. You can only play one game at a time. Some older players are cheap, good and is just want you need right now.

I've never sold a 7 star player myself, I can't think of a situation where I would. Spent so much time, training and tokens getting a 7*. I too wonder what happens to a sold 7/8 Star player, I think they are put on the transfer list at a higher level.

Yes Negotiation will appear in level 4, you can just go back to day one matches, click the sold player, bid button and check the club that bought him, I'm talking PC version of course. Tough, no can do on a phone.

Rookie
    I've never sold a 7 star player myself, I can't think of a situation where I would. Spent so much time, training and tokens getting a 7*. I too wonder what happens to a sold 7/8 Star player, I think they are put on the transfer list at a higher level.
    Sorry for the mixup. I meant to say that I don't see players with a form history full of 7's and 8's in the transfer market. Most experienced players in the transfer market have mostly 5's and 6's for form. This is why I typically buy players with no history. Seven or eight stars? I have never even seen a player that high.

Yes Negotiation will appear in level 4, you can just go back to day one matches, click the sold player, bid button and check the club that bought him, I'm talking PC version of course. Tough, no can do on a phone.
    That will be a nice feature. Too bad it doesn't work on phone. I play mostly by phone, but once I am to level 4 I will go back and look once in awhile. Also wish you could see player form history on phone, but if wishes were horses...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast