Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By b3ast

Thread: Does this 18 year old have any potential?

Does this 18 year old have any potential?

Hi All,

Basically what i was wanting to know, would this guy be worth a punt or should i just forget about it? Could he improve much so i could then sell him on or keep him for the team? I do already have two very capable CM's so this guy would be back up if needed?

I am only level 1 so just starting out basically. Any advice is appreciated!

Here he is

Does this 18 year old have any potential?-potential-.jpg

Just incase you can't see it:

Quality: 15
    Market Value: 980k

Or, would i be best off going for this guy?

Does this 18 year old have any potential?-potential-no2.jpg

Quality: 21
    Value: 960k

The 2nd guy i think is the best choice since the 18yr old is likely to be a similair level by the time he is 20 if not worse so save yourself the time and get the quality now.

Quote Originally Posted by FC Sanguis View Post
    The 2nd guy i think is the best choice since the 18yr old is likely to be a similair level by the time he is 20 if not worse so save yourself the time and get the quality now.
    Thanks for the reply!

I decided to do that anyway in the end. The auction for the first guy ended before anyone replied so had to make a snap decision. 2nd guy it is

Thanks for getting back m8

np btw as far as i know the only way to measure potential is the cash price of a player so if you are comparing 18yr olds in the same position the most expensive one should train the best. Im not 100% on that but i believe thats what i have read on various posts on here. Ofcourse the competition for these players is also more intense and at the start of a season even more so.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by FC Sanguis View Post
    np btw as far as i know the only way to measure potential is the cash price of a player so if you are comparing 18yr olds in the same position the most expensive one should train the best. Im not 100% on that but i believe thats what i have read on various posts on here. Ofcourse the competition for these players is also more intense and at the start of a season even more so.

good luck
    I also read that on here too! Think it was on July Fourth's guide AFAIK. Thanks for the heads up anyway and good luck with your team

My advice is - don't buy young players if you're low level because they will never become good enough for longer period of time.I'm also lvl1 and I first sold my "best players" who were worth 1 million (18 yrs,15 quality) and 750k (18yrs,17 quality). Lucky me,I managed to sell them because only begginers would buy that worthless players. After I've sold all players that I don't need,I had 2+ million in the bank and with that money I bought DR (27yrs,24 quality with 2 points away from 25) for 350k,DL (24yrs,23 quality) for 500k,GK (21yrs old,close to 24 quality) for a million and my favorite - MR (20yrs old,2 points away from 25) for 1 million. As you can see I also like young players but they need to be of high quality and at least 20yrs old because 18yrs old are much more expensive but with less quality
    marc31 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by b3ast View Post
    My advice is - don't buy young players if you're low level because they will never become good enough for longer period of time.I'm also lvl1 and I first sold my "best players" who were worth 1 million (18 yrs,15 quality) and 750k (18yrs,17 quality). Lucky me,I managed to sell them because only begginers would buy that worthless players. After I've sold all players that I don't need,I had 2+ million in the bank and with that money I bought DR (27yrs,24 quality with 2 points away from 25) for 350k,DL (24yrs,23 quality) for 500k,GK (21yrs old,close to 24 quality) for a million and my favorite - MR (20yrs old,2 points away from 25) for 1 million. As you can see I also like young players but they need to be of high quality and at least 20yrs old because 18yrs old are much more expensive but with less quality
    Thanks for the advice b3ast! I'll bear that in mind appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by Mckergan View Post
    Thanks for the advice b3ast! I'll bear that in mind appreciate the help
    Anytime I made that mistake last time I've played and invested everything in young players but then realized that they don't improve enough so I had 17 quality with an average age of 24,while my friend with the same level and money,had an average quality of 21 but average age of 28. I figured I would be better than him after some time because I had so much potential in my team but I never did.Young players don't improve enough to last for more than few levels

well, all the players i have bought so far have been above 20 so I'm not going very young. Youngest player i have was already in the squad when i started and he's 19. He's 5* too. I guess i'll stay away from buying very young players then and just concentrate on getting up the levels

Cheers