Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Youth Players

Rookie

Youth Players

Ok I have read many threads on youth players and most seem very negative!!

Can anyone here justify the token cost of signing these players??

I accept signing the free youth player is worth a gamble...even though I have to make a space from him in my squad!

Admin...... Are there any plans for Nordeus to make changes to the youth system??

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Baker View Post

12, 15, 18, 21, 24 tokenz

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Baker View Post

I accept signing the free youth player is worth a gamble...even though I have to make a space from him in my squad!

Admin...... Are there any plans for Nordeus to make changes to the youth system??
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks View Post
    12, 15, 18, 21, 24 tokenz
    so you justify the cost because 12 15 18 21 and 24 are numbers that give luck to one LOL

By my side, can be strange, but I like to sign players of my academy, because usually play well.. have this think that I call as a loyalty to the club... Zumalakarregui is the last I bought, yea, from december last year LOL ...but last year I obtained lots and I was happy with the result of 9/10 of them.

I belieeeeeeeeveeeeeeee in youuuuuuu(th) LOL

made in home.

Well, firstly it depends on your outlook. If I need cash I can get more from signing and selling a Token Academy player than from a Bank Loan - but if you never need cash or would never consider a bank loan then no.....unless you just want to have a home produced youngster that trains well, costs 0 cash and usually performs, no matter the cost.

Would be nicer if there was a more realistic cost for Academy players - the low wage doesn't make enough of a difference.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 09-14-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    At 3 Sep, day10 of this season, I get my first (cause I’m LV3/League3) new youngsters.
    Lemonis GK 18 y.o. 2* - I let him go .
    Apostolou GK (again, wtf is it a GK academy I made ?) 18 y.o. 4*, 26Q, I sign a contract with him – 21T and after then I saw his VALUE 3,31M and WAGE 33K.
    In some posts I’ve read that they let free the good, the expensive one and keep the cheap, the duck, to sell him (but I ‘m a guy of research) .

Hmmm good Training Factor I thought (ok let’s adv. my thread about fast trainers http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...s-chris-8.html ).
    So I sold my other 2nd GK for 1’ M and start using the young.
    As you can see in about 11 days he gained almost 50 skill points which I allocate to him, so now has 29Q from 26Q and his value already become 4,04 M .
    His performance in games is good (if this has some meaning, specially for GK )

Youth Players-apostolou-profile-14-sep.jpg

And he has the team record, +200 raise in a game (not man of the match).

Youth Players-apostolou-record.jpg

With the sk. points he gets, next season will be also 4* and maybe I ‘ll think about a special ability.
    His value now is 4 M’ and if we say that in my level (I said this because the money dif. from LV to LV) the first, Bank loan is 1,5M > 15 Token, so 1T >100K $, he has about the value of 40T. So it was a good deal for me, yes I believe that from an academy you can have good players and fast trainers (ofc. Luck matters) and I ‘ll try it again.

Rookie
    That's interesting Nikol as I am lvl 4 so can relate to those values.
    I signed both My Ist two youngsters last year. The token one was not that good so sold.
    The free one trained well but was a low 1 star so taken nearly all season to get him to 2 stars!!
    He scored 7's in most games but as he would drop to lvl 1 again next week. I sold him.
    Hope. I have better luck with my next 2 youths which are due out tomorrow!!

Here's an 18T Academy player on my 3rd team that is in his 4th season. No extra love given just games and regular training.

He's been a good player and good trainer.

Youth Players-mair.jpg

I never us them, 21 tokens for a youth....NO, 1 or 2 tokens for a Nordgen on my server after early morning reboot will suffice for me.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Hey, call me Nik mate.
    1 or 2 stars are unacceptable . Let them free (and if they love you they 'll come back )
    Wish you luck but you already aren't so lucky. Lucky is the guy whose youngsters come out of the academy, the 1st day of the season.
    Damn ! Can I close the academy just for few days ?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Hey, call me Nik mate.
    1 or 2 stars are unacceptable . Let them free (and if they love you they 'll come back )
    Wish you luck but you already aren't so lucky. Lucky is the guy whose youngsters come out of the academy, the 1st day of the season.
    Damn ! Can I close the academy just for few days ?
    Hi. Nick
    I guess you are right...not a good time to get Academy Players.
    I will probably sign both players again and see if I am lucky this time around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast