Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: GK making too many saves...

1. 30-40 stops in 20 matches says that he had 1.75-2 stops a match - which isn't very high.

2. In real life - that can go up to 3-5 saves in a match , and it wouldn't seem to be highly unusual , you'll just say "the keeper was good today" .

3. of course the GK of a weaker opponent will make more save than (your) successful team GK.
    your opponents get 4-6 shots-on-goal so he has 1-2 saves , but their GK has a crappy team - so he'll face 9-15 shots-on-goal and if he had a decent day , he'll stop only 1-2. and saves 3-4 on a great day.

My GK this year has made more saves then i had with GK in previous year, And yesterday he saved 4 shots, my defence is great so it can't be that it is just because my opponents shot more -
    so i started thinking "what's changed?" - the answer: my GK is young. which made me develop a theory:

He's young - young means he's not experienced :

If you're an experienced GK you let some shots fly-by because you know they're not really endangering the goal (that's why sometimes a goal gets in and the keeper didn't move) ,
    as a young player - you save it instead of letting it fly-by (and that's why sometimes younger keepers concede by their fault and also the opposition has more corners).
    so maybe that's why he's less stable and saves more at the same time - so maybe nordeus have an algorithm for that as well (and as a football fan who's team signed a 18yrs old keeper - i see it in reality too)
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Levski Jerusalem (click here to see my team) Season 22 -

17 championships
    13 Champions league titles
    3 Cups

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Hey have you checked on the Finishing attributes of your strikers lately? Time to pump some of those numbers up. Maybe they can shoot but not finish.

Sounds a bit like my love life.
    Sounds like you need a striker with finishing qualities AND staying power !
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Also , something fun to watch to remind you that your GK is really good ,and can be a lot worse:

Top Silly Goalkeeper Mistakes ● (HD) - YouTube

Levski Jerusalem (click here to see my team) Season 22 -

17 championships
    13 Champions league titles
    3 Cups

Its likely that the change i the number of saves is a 'reporting' one rather than a Super GK nerf/boost to deny you goals. Most of the extra saves are not being reported in the commentary so it could be that previously, Saves that didn't make the commentary were not counted but now they are. But there's another possibility, there might be a particular style of defensive stop that is being counted, erroneously, as a save. And there could be other possibilites ofc....... including the opponent gk nerf to you - although thats another player so what is a nerf for you is a boost for him.........

All I can say for certain is I noticed today that my striker hit the bar and my save count went up by 1 and nowhere in the previous 5 mins was a save 'commented'
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 10-03-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Its likely that the change i the number of saves is a 'reporting' one rather than a Super GK nerf/boost to deny you goals. Most of the extra saves are not being reported in the commentary so it could be that previously, Saves that didn't make the commentary were not counted but now they are. But there's another possibility, there might be a particular style of defensive stop that is being counted, erroneously, as a save. And there could be other possibilites ofc....... including the opponent gk nerf to you - although thats another player so what is a nerf for you is a boost for him.........

All I can say for certain is I noticed today that my striker hit the bar and my save count went up by 1 and nowhere in the previous 5 mins was a save 'commented'
    There are definitely saves that don't appear in the commentary, I've just noticed my own saves went from 3 to 4 when I scored a free kick goal. But in the last matches I've noticed that my opponents GK's save a lot more free kicks, headers on corners and just other chances.
    13 seasons

League: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    CL: 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 14 (also 2 lost finals and 3 semi-finals)
    Cup: 1, 4, 8 (also 1 lost final and 1 semi-final)

FORZA JUVE!

I think these are not longer gk saves anymore, I've noticed it counted as save as my defender cleared something in last moment.... U can see that gk still rated 7 o 6 but would be stupid if they would have 6 to 8 saves per game. And also u would not be able to notice anymore which goalie is better than another, as always every team n many saves now. And it's true, I had the ball, doing something but next second i had one save more (don't know where that came from, as i had the ball....)
    Saves have always been an indicator which goalie is good, now oponent can have a 1 star goalie, u wouldn't notice by that amount of saves...
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 10-03-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    My problem is with the opponents GK making a lot of saves...The opponent team cannot even reach near my goal post......
    I have THE Same issue as you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Still cannot understand the rate of GKs. A rate of 6 with 4 saves

GK making too many saves...-gk-rate.jpg
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Still cannot understand the rate of GKs. A rate of 6 with 4 saves

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GK rate.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	30589
    Screenshot i posted in post #25 5 saves and that goalie got rating 5... since that game i have played 2 more matches and in both matches other team made 4 saves, goalie got rating 6 and 7.

My goalie made 1 save in each game and had higher rating in all of them.

Checked a cup game from Tuesday, i won with 5-0 my goalie got rating 6 and other teams goalie 9

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I gave up worrying about 6's from GK, since often they are sleeping since I have really good defense.
    Peter Renn likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast