Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is there a way to tell if your opponent is playing zone or man-to-man D?

Is there a way to tell if your opponent is playing zone or man-to-man D?

Any tell-tale signs?

not really, you can try looking at ratings, but there are many different factors that affect ratings, so you probably should just assume zonal

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

the bar that shows who is pressing is not moving too fast left-right, but slowly goes by small amounts almost in one place...and there arent too many commentaries in game = man on man. game end 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 etc
    cookizzz likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    the bar that shows who is pressing is not moving too fast left-right, but slowly goes by small amounts almost in one place...and there arent too many commentaries in game = man on man. game end 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 etc
    This information is useful. If 'man on man' will lead to low scoring games, I will consider to adopt this when my team is an underdog in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    This information is useful. If 'man on man' will lead to low scoring games, I will consider to adopt this when my team is an underdog in a game.
    That would be a bad idea, if you are the worse team, trying to cover man to man will lead you to lose. If he has strikers who have better stats, and only 1 man is covering him, he will beat him most of the time and cause you to lose
    cookizzz, Cat Harrison and pachu37 like this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    That would be a bad idea, if you are the worse team, trying to cover man to man will lead you to lose. If he has strikers who have better stats, and only 1 man is covering him, he will beat him most of the time and cause you to lose
    Thanks for your advice. I absolutely agree your analysis. It is very logical.

But the game engine does not simulate all real world matters. Effects of tactics may be different between in real world and in in T11. If 'man to man' really leads to low scoring games. Probably, the chance that a bad team steal a game will increase.

In fact I still wonder whether 'man to man' will really have such effect. I have no idea because I never change this option before. I may do some tests in friendly matches first.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 09-24-2014 at 09:36 PM.

maybe we have to comprove if: zonal = more players go to VS 1 to recovery ball so = more low condition for more players....

and 1 to 1 = 1 player is tired and maybe is for teams with better Quality that don't need 2 man to go for ball.....

???? maybe too we havee to see the comments and comprove what man goes to wooho LOL

i have also noticed that when i put man on man and opponent clears the ball with long pass forward, its a high chance that my players will get that ball and starting a counter attack....its logical, the long pass was intercepted by my players and a counter is developing...try it.

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jult52 View Post
    Any tell-tale signs?
    Well, its kinda connected to the way your opponent is playing, offensively or defensively... If he is attacking, it's likely that he is using offside traps, and if he's using offside traps, it's likely that he is playing zonal defense... but, if he is playing defensively using counter attacks, he might use man-to-man defense (not necessarily)...

If you notice that your opponent has changed their formation to cover each of your attacking players that could also be a sign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast