View Poll Results: Should manager use different formation for every match?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, manager should use 1 formation whole season

1 16.67%
  • Yes, manager should change formation for every match

1 16.67%
  • Manager should use few similar formations with only few differences

4 66.67%

Thread: Formations: one or more?

Formations: one or more?

We all know that formation is very important. We always try to find most effective formation and tactic to reach and keep our team competitive. Every formation has advantages and disadvantages so often asked question is how and when to choose and change formation.
    Some managers ask me what would I suggest, but I think that this choice is individual for every team and manager.
    What is your experience about formation(s)?
    What should every manager/team do:
    (1) keep one formation whole season?
    (2) set up new formation and new tactics for every match no matter how different they are?
    (3) "something between" - more setups with few different positions and few tactical changes?

My personal choice is (3). I often change formation, but I have something that I call "backbone of team"
    That backbone consists of 6 same positions I use in amlost of my formations: 2DC, DMC, 2MC and ST.
    Other 4 players (positions) I add/change according to opponent, usually this combinations (A)ML/R + DL/R or
    ML/R+(A)MC+CB.
    This would mean that my most often used formations are 4-5-1V, 4-1-4-1, 3n-1-5-1 and 3n-1-4-1-1
    I have won Champions League last season and Cup 2 seasons ago (with 35T/season) so I keep using few same setups.

Rookie
    I've been using 4-4-2 since day 1. Stats mentioned in my signature are the reason why I tend to disagree with you on your statement "We all know that formation is very important"

I have searched and couldn't find, but now i have found out that there is similar thread recently made http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...anagement.html
    I don't know how I haven't seen that thread...
    Sorry.